New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There appears to be a squeak coming from my rear passenger wheel. I only have 40,000 kms. Could it be the brake warning sound? The sensor is not coming on but I don't know how well that works anyway.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My car makes the same sound. I took it to the dealer and they told me that the sound is normal because of the brake pads.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
No "squeek" is normal. Most likely they are dirty, and just need a cleaning. But it could be something else. I would not take "oh that squeek is normal" as an answer. Take it back and have them at least clean them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I just had my brakes put on by Ford cause they were defective and weren't covered under warrant? Anyway, my rear ones squeak too. I just pull the e-brake up a little and get em warmed
Maybe I'll clean em.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I have always had that grinding noise that a lot of people complained about in the '99 year. But I changed my pads and they work better than new, and are much quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.