New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just changed my brakes, i have rear drums and i did the shoes now my ebrake works fine. I also did the front pads and also brought my rotors to be cut by the local shop. I put everything back together and my pedal now goes all the way to the floor before the brakes engage. I took everything off and did it again and even bled the system but still having the same problem. My car is in my driveway on blocks and i just cannot figure this out. Any suggesstions or ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
after changing the brakes you are supposed to pump the brake pedal quite a few times until it feels stiff again before doing anything else.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
when i change brakes, i put it all back together, put the tires back on... get in car and pump the brakes... sometimes you'll need to pump them 30+ times... then i put the car in gear and drive away... the car does need to be on when pumping though....

also since you bled the brakes please make sure the fluid level is still above min.... if not you may have to re-bleed your brakes again and if that's the case bring it to a pro

·
Registered
254 Posts
you might want to try setting and releasing your e-brake a few times. If it is not adjusted up all of the way, you will not have full braking power.

G

·
The E-Brake is spring loaded. It won't use the brake fluid.

But ya, after the brake assembly is back together, just sit in it and start pressing the brake down several times. Last time I did brakes on a car it took about 15 pumps.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.