New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK = I just got my front pads replaced @ a Ford dealership. My 'pad' warning lite has never come on - for any reason. This is the middle lite on the overhead panel. Now that the new pads are on, it doesn't go out. The guy said that his 'technician' had asked him for a part for this, & that the original one was misssing. So, now they are claiming 'lack of knowledge' to repair. What's up ith that? If anyone can help, or has some thoughts, I'd sure appreciate it. She's a '99, V-6, w/ 30K milies. The Dealership is: Lithia Ford in Concord, CA.

Thanx Gang ! Duane

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Did they put the right pads on? There are specific pads that are suppose to be connected to the sensor and if they're not connected the light would stay on.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Do what Shinyblackcat says. That light is honestly pretty useless anyway.

Want to know when you're about 5-10k miles from needing to replace your brake pads?

When your brake light on the dash starts to flicker under hard acceleration or cornering. Why?

Because your pads are worn thin, so the pistons needs to compress down further to push the pads to the rotor. Well, more fluid in the pistons means less fluid in the reservoir, so when you take a hard turn, the fluid sloshes to one side and exposes the sensor that says 'Yo dude, you ain't got enough fluid'.

That means your pads are getting worn near their life expectancy. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts