New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to turn off the brake pad light that comes on in the overhead console? I just got new brake pads, and they weren't the original factory ones so the pad light is always on. Is there a bulb in there I can take out or something? I've had the console off before but never looked to see if there were individual bulbs for each function or if they were accessible.

Mike

·
Administrator
24,546 Posts
Is this a 99 thing? My 2000 overhead console has:

Periodic service (wrench)
33-40 degrees outside (yellow snow)
Below 32 (red snow)
Low washer fluid reservoir
Door Ajar

No "brake" indicator.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe...I have six indicators: all the ones you mentioned plus the brake pad warning light and a bulb failure light which comes on if an exterior bulb is out.

Mike

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i'm trying this now, i got the console off, but I can't seem to get to the bulb. I see it, does that green board its attached to come out? I already blew a fuse trying to break it with a screwdriver...

Mike

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K i got it that green board does slide right out.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry i dont' have a camera but hopefully i'll be getting one for x-mas...but all you have to do is pull the over head console down and you'll see this green board held into this black plastic piece by a couple of clips. Just move the clips and slide the board out, and all the LEDs are there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i know this is and old post, but another way to do it is snip the connector off the sensor wire, then short the wires together. no more pad light. theoretically, you could wire the connector back up at some point if you ever wanted to... *shrug*. just sounds like a better idea than smashing out the LED. it's what i did, at least.

uRiDiAN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts