New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess it is common sense to check you r lights regularly but of course the time you dont is when they dont work but anyway...after stopping on a 2 lane highway to make a left across a busy north bound i was almost run down by a triaxle dump truck...not waisting anytime i pinned it and just barely avoided a what could have been a fatal head on to make the left..for the rest of the day i couldnt figure out why peoples cars where nose diving behind me and then they were ever so politely flipping me the bird as they drove past me..i figurerd something was up..checked out my brake lights and sure enough nothing there..checked the bulbs looked fine though..replaced them anyway since i had just spent two hours pulling out my stereo to get to the lights..called ford and they said it was becoming a common prob that the brake switch was failing..so i spent the fourty bucks on a new one...to my surprise the lights worked after..ford was finally right..hehe anyway after furter examination i realized that my stupid switch seemed to be stuck closed i sprayed her up with the WD and she poped open i put it back in and it works fine...must be the road salt from canadian winters that gets stuck in there and dries them out...anyway...if you drive in the winter with your cougar spray up the switch on the back side of your brake pedal...it would really friggin suck to have it stop working in a snow storm..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts