New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I cruise through this site every day or two to see what's new in the Cougar world. In the brake forum of course.

What has me puzzled is the lack of interst (ok sales) in kits for this car. I see lots of interest in 'go fast' parts but seldom true interest in 'stop fast' parts. That's ok, some day you'll need to stop that car! lol

Thought I might toss this out; how about a deal for a few Cougar owners only. Yes, I know many of you cross to the Contour site, but this offer is for YOU more than them. It s a great looking car, just doesn't seem to get the level of mods that the Contour does for some reason.

Cougar owners; how about a discount on the new BSL6n caliper? Normally a $225 upgrade to std. kits, but for you only $100. Offer on the table until December 15th. Do some shopping for your car and you'll wish you'd done it sooner....

NO PMs please.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Ironically i need brakes... the calipers are tempting, but rotors and pads are imperitive. However Todd, i may want to talk to you about CougarFest as well. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops, sorry I just put it here as I was looking for some 'feedback'. And no, that caliper won't do you much good without the rest of it....lol

I'll cross post some of it in the proper for sale location.

Thanks, not looking to rock the boat....

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Interested...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Okay Todd,
You've got my interest...
I recently installed a set of 19x7.5" Centerline Vantage forged aluminum wheels.
I already upgraded my front braking system quite some time ago with a set of KVR cross-drilled rotors and Mintex A/F pads (still stock w/ recently replaced new pads for the rears).
What would you recommend for my car (including ballpark prices)?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Sincerely,
~CIII

BTW...I have been considering the BAER "big brake" system, but would LOVE to hear about alternatives (at affordable pricing levels)!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The options are pretty well spelled out here:http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/BrakeKits/Contour.mgi2

I'd opt for the 13s for the wheel look issues, and the BSL6 or 6n depending upon clearance over the FSL. Better looking caliper. But then you never said what the budget is either. Can do other things besides what is listed here too if we go custom. Say; 1.10 rotors and the like.

You have a couple of days to think it over still. Email for more and better pics, no PMs please.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
can u use this kit and the stock rims. or do i need to get 17 in rims

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Heck, I'm a KVR big brake kit dealer and even I'd recommend these rear calipers at this price in a package. Uh, in fact, I might buy some.. ;)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: MrFroge
did you guys notice the date on the original post? :rolleyes: :rofl:
damn! :banghead: i got excited too.... i would have been all over this!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts