New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on maybe doing an air ride suspension next year and i was wondering what the dimensions are of the air bottles your using. I didn't do a search cause i didn't really think that they have ever been mention before. Sorry if i'm wrong though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, other than doing searches are there any good sites for info about setting up an air ride and what not. I've got a long time before i'm going to even attempt to do this. So i'd like to absorb as much info as i can.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
9 gallon fits nicely, 12 gallon CAN fit, and of course the 5 gallon ones fit (1 on each side of the hatch would be nice). i can get you dimensions on my 5 gallon if you need it.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dimensions would be great. Thank you.

Brian

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:poke:

So, yeah...dimensions of the bottles would be great. Especially cause i have to plan around them. And dimensions of more than just the 5 gal ones would be great as well.

EDIT: Do the bottles have to have the valves directly attatched to them? If so, the dimensions should include them.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
12 gallon 44"LONGX11 1/2" DIAMETERX 12 1/2" TALL

5 gallon 21" L. x10 1/2" D. x 12 1/2" H

valves do not have to be mounted on the tank. and as a matter of fact, i wouldn't recommend it. the closer they are to your bags, the quicker the bags will inflate.

sorry it took me so long to reply, i totally forgot about this thread:cover:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i didn't say it wasn't true. i was just pointing out that theoretically in physics you want them closer to the wheel so you don't have that extra length of hose to 'fill up' along with the bag. but of course running at 200 psi you aren't gonna notice a difference really, that's quite a bit. but to the average person that's gonna run 150, it'd slow them down just a bit. plus, if you get good valves that can resist water and you mount them really close to the wheel on the outside of the car you get that really cool hissing sound.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I think im ripping mine off this summer. I think the car is being sold. So if anyone can wait til April mine will be for sale.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i'd buy the strut bags in the front from ya right now if you'd be interested ;);). getting ready to place my order through kmwperformance. but if by chance you wanted to get rid of them, i'd buy right now ;);) pleaaaaaaaaaaase. heck dood, i'd pay good too just to help you out (you've helped me so much!) and i'm sure i'd still be saving a chunk of change. if you could sell these now, i'd pay immediately.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oh shoot!! :cry: oh well, i guess i'll just order new ones. how long did it take you to recieve your strut bags??

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't bought anything as of yet, so i might be interested caterina. Shoot me a pm with price and a list of the things being sold. As well as your bottle dimensions, lol. Or rather tell me what size bottle your using and i'll base it off the dimensions rista gave me (btw, thanks man :thumbsup: ) Actually, the only real reason i want to know the demensions is to see if it'll fit between the strut towers as that'll be the only place to put it. I'm trying to design the rest of the trunk while still trying to keep the middle open so i can keep the spare and have some cargo room left. Though i don't know if it's worth it once i finally get wheels. Won't the spare be basically useless once i get a different set of wheels? In any case i still kinda want to keep it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts