New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a warning...
I will be off-line for a few days due to (1) an exploded power supply (literally exploded -- flames, smoke, and a loud bang! :banghead: ) in the old Dell, and (2) a dead motherboard in my new Dell ( :( :cry: ). Tonight I'm on-line w/ my Mom's old Dell, which I brought home to rebuild as a Win2K box instead of a Win98SE box, so after tomorrow it's going to be a few days before I'm back on-line regularly... ::sigh::

Second, it's been a hell of a week, with potentially really good news on Friday evening, then Friday night just blowing severly with my two computer problems happening virtually simultaneously. Argh! So... tonight I'm relaxing with a couple of adult beverages and the stereo turned up too loud ;) Can you guess what I was listening too? You've already got a clue...

Anyway, I realized a few self-evident (to me at least ;) ) Truths tonight, and thought I'd share with you, my loyal Cougar buds, while I was feeling good, and before I became maudlin' ...

-- That the three most expressive musical instruments are... (1) the female human voice (see Lucinda Williams for one example), (2) the violin (see classical music that I like but don't know the composer of... ), and (3) the electric guitar (see The Edge, Clapton, Hendrix, etc.)

-- That the Internet, when it connects people like it's connected me to some of you, is a wonderful thing, almost a magical thing, and we shouldn't let the government or the corporations destroy the communities we've built by commercializing it away into a giant ad-channel.

-- That it's possible to be friends with your Ex, but only if s/he wants to be as much as you do; but if you manage it, it's a Good Thing.

-- That dancing is best done between two people who care for each other, barefoot, in the green grass, or slowly on soft carpet...

-- That I'm a radical conservative Christian. If you didn't know I was Christian, I've failed to communicate something that's actually more important to me than Laser Red ;) When you get turned off by Pat Robertson and his ilk, remember that there are people like me who call themselves Christian too :)

-- That I don't care how slow the ATX Cougar is, it's a beautiful car, and it deserved more attention (and horsepower ;) ) than it got from Ford.

-- That moms rock. My mom rocks, and I don't tell her often enough. Dad's rock too, but this past week for me, it's been my Mom.

-- That sharing part of yourself with others is hard to do, but you can't grow without doing it. So I share with you -- first my love of the Cougar, which by happenstance brought me to this group. Then pieces of myself with those of you I consider my friends, and those I hope to call my friends in the future. I just wish some of you lived closer to Columbus ;)

So.... if you don't think that was too off - the - wall... May you be blessed this week. And "May the road rise to meet you." (Name that tune... )

Wish me luck, or say a prayer, or whatever it is that you do, and hopefully that bit of good news I got on Friday will be something positive I can share with you; hopefully my new power supply arrives quickly, and hopefully my new motherboard arrives (in-home service, let's see how good Dell really is... ) quickly as well... before I go into withdrawal :(

Post at you again soon...

OH! And to make this Cougar related... what is a fair price to ask for a stock 2001 Cougar wing, not a special edition?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow. that was really random. sorry to hear about the bad, but glad to hear about the potentially good man. hope it all works out! but it sounds like Dells havent been to faithfull to you latly eh?

some thoughts deived from your thoghts:

-one time at the columbus jazz and rib festivel, a drunk homeless guy told me that his dad had died while he was in jail for a short time, and the one thing he regretted the most, was not telling his dad how much he really loved him. and he told me not to make the same mistake he did, and let my dad know. <--true story.

-i feel the exact same way about my *****. she deserves to be more powerfull that she is. and its my goal to give that power to her!

-yay for NECO!!!! its one thing thats not bad to be addicted to.

-i want to bake a cake.

-you wouldnt think you could be friends with your ex when she dumps you on x-mas, on AIM, but a little over a year later, she starts talking to you. and even though she doesnt really appologize, you feel its been long enough to drop it and move on with life because you are happier now then you were then, and with a better girl than her.

once again, good luck with everthing man!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
wow sounds like a rough week. Good luck with the dell's Mark.
-- That the Internet, when it connects people like it's connected me to some of you, is a wonderful thing, almost a magical thing, and we shouldn't let the government or the corporations destroy the communities we've built by commercializing it away into a giant ad-channel.
I agree 100% my friend.
Slow dancing is also nice when dressed up to the 9 in front of your friends and family when you are the only two out there.
not being an ass but that was the best dance ever.
Mom's rock, they are always there for support and the Dad's seem to always be there for the physical labor and mild
support on the side:biggrin: also agreeing 100% with you.
and I agree with Aaron I think I'm addicted to NECO and I think it's ok. something had to take me away from Black Tar heroin.

Good luck Mark I hope it all works out for ya!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This is way heavy.
To go along with Aaron's true story..
- I had a the bestest friend in the whole world. We did everything together. Until the guy I was seeing at the time said he didn't approve of her. So I stupidly ditched her for him. Now me and that guy aren't together anymore and a couple days before I was to make amends with her, she died of a massive heart attack at age 31. NEVER take for granted family, friendships, or any other meaningful relationship.
-- That it's possible to be friends with your Ex, but only if s/he wants to be as much as you do; but if you manage it, it's a Good Thing.
- I guess this is different for everyone. Sometimes you make better friends, but other times you realize why you're not together in the first place.
-- That dancing is best done between two people who care for each other, barefoot, in the green grass, or slowly on soft carpet...
- Very true.

- My mom rocks too, but I'm daddy's little girl so I get special attention from him.

- Sometimes you have to be the moderator between your parents.

- Majority of people have been f*cked over at least once by a member of the opposite sex. It doesn't mean you should dwell on it for the rest of your life. You have to move on and realize that not everyone is the same. You may find someone who generally cares about you and not how much is in your wallet, or why you're not making wedding plans, etc.

- NECO is addicting. If I got rid of the Cougar tomorrow, I'd still be here. I think John said it earlier that Ohio NECO is really good people. I've gained friends from here; although we're all spread out. Minus the nut-rides, I love John. I get to see Janelle all the time now and we have fun when we're together. Mark is good to talk to. And Slade has to be one of the best guys I've ever met. He couldn't be more perfect for me since we're on the same page about a lot of stuff. So relating to my first story and the lesson I learned, I should tell him (more often) how much I care about him and how I appreciate all the things he does for me.

This has been very helpful. Thanks guys :grouphug: And Mark, I sold my stock spoiler on Ebay, to a newbie at the time, for $50.00. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I read this late last night but thanks to Janelle's computer I couldnt post...or maximize the screen, or do ANYTHING for that matter other than read posts :confused:

Anyway, WOW Mark...dunno what to say. Good luck with your computer issues and this mystery lady. I better be getting a phone call with details pal ;)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Wow alot said here, all good comments, not really sure how to reply or if I need to but I do agree w/ Gyger on this, "Slow dancing is also nice when dressed up to the 9's in front of your friends and family when you are the only two out there. Not being an ass but that was the best dance ever."

:banana:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
computers suck anymore. sorry to hear about both dells crashing. :-/

yesterday mine claimed that there was 5 viruses on the machine (this is after not using the computer for 3wks and it not even being connected to the phone line). It asked if i wanted to remove them, I tell it yes then it tells me it cant find them. >.< ::smacks computer::

music rocks. espically when you find that band/song/singer that really makes you look deep inside yourself and gives you a whole different view on the world/problem. I found a few new ones that i am going to go see in concert here in the near future: flaw/trapt/linkin park! btw, Adam Sandler = total hotness. (listing to whats your name)

the internet is really a great place. espically since i have meet you and all you folks too. its amazing what you can find out there in cyber space. never thought i would run across a bunch of people obsesed as much as me or even more obessed about cars in general. :grouphug:

ex's are a whole intresting factor in anyones world. espically when they just up and leave with out any reason. then they make up excuses then never follow thur hoping the other will just forget but what they dont know is you will never forget or understand either.

though it is awsome once you find the 'one' that makes you feel like you are seeing the world through rose colored glasses. they give you an ultra high that no one or thing can give you or take away. makes you want to stay on cloud nine forever. i really love that feeling.

my mom too is awesome and so is my dad. they are there when i need them and also when i dont. sure i am only 20yrs old and want them to let me grow up but deep down i do like the occational look over my shoulder to make sure i am doing things right. (like buying the cougar or engineeirng is certainly the right choice) some may say i should just grow up and move on and that my parents should leave me alone cause your almost 21 now.. but what if I am not ready to let go yet? Is that wrong?

Ack, I am sorry that i just took over part of your post. I truely didnt mean too. Sometimes I get carried away with my train of thought. But dude, hope everything comes out as you want it to.

Peace out.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
but what if I am not ready to let go yet? Is that wrong?
No. It's cool, you do what feels right.
I always say you'll know when the time comes.
When I was 18 right after high school I moved away from the only family I have my Mom Dad and my Uncle.
I got to Arizona with no job no fam no friends and 1,000 dollars in cash, driving a 89 Daytona with no Air conditioning.
I think sometimes you gotta let go and fall just to see if you can land on your feet.
I learned alot there. And when I came back I was all grown up, with a girl, two degrees and a shiny new Cougar.
And my relationship with my folks was alot stronger too.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
but what if I am not ready to let go yet? Is that wrong?
No. It's cool, you do what feels right.
Yeah, it's way cool. My family may not get along all the time, but along all the time but I don't know what I would do without them. 22-years-old and they're still my influence on everything I do. The guys I date, the things I do, etc. It's half the reason I haven't gone away to school yet; that and money :tongue: Plus I never knew how much I liked my brother until he went to Georgia to go to school. Family is one of the most important things in life and it doesn't make you uncool to like them.

Wow alot said here, all good comments, not really sure how to reply or if I need to but I do agree w/ Gyger on this, "Slow dancing is also nice when dressed up to the 9's in front of your friends and family when you are the only two out there. Not being an ass but that was the best dance ever."
I wish everyone felt that way. This also does not make you uncool ...slade...

And Mark I meant to tell you before, good luck with the computers. It seems my Dell at work can't chew gum and walk at the same time. It locks up on me at least 2x a day. It's like everything clashes with eachother. So I totally know what's up. And mystery lady?? Really??

·
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, I think I'm kinda impressed by the replies. I wasn't sure what to expect, since that post was a little out of the ordinary for Ohio NECO and for me! Thanks for the great stories, and the well-wishes. :)

First, back on-line, obviously ;) Dell service rocks. I've got a new(er) motherboard, processor, RAM, modem, and power supply for the new Dell. Called late Friday night, shipped Monday, installed Tuesday in-home.

- I want to bake a cake.
You can't bake a cake without breaking some eggs. Get busy!

-you wouldnt think you could be friends with your ex ... dumps ... x-mas ... on AIM
Dude, wow. Worse than the story in the back of my head. Yea, I think you can be, it just takes time and understanding and willingness and patience. But don't push it.

Slow dancing is also nice when dressed up to the 9 in front of your friends and family when you are the only two out there.
Ok, I'll give you that one. One of the best slow dances I've had, and just about the first one too, was the Engineering Ball ( <- yea, nerd ;) ) my freshman year at U.C.

something had to take me away from Black Tar heroin.
I read that at work, and had to stifle my laughter. :rofl:

NEVER take for granted family, friendships, or any other meaningful relationship.
Amen Diane!

I think John said it earlier that Ohio NECO is really good people.
Yes it is, it is at that. That's why I resisted the temptation to delete this thread after I posted it. ;)

Good luck with your computer issues and this mystery lady.
Well, one computer issue solved, the other on its way to being solved (tho it's $89 out of my pocket...) and [email protected], I wish it was a mystery lady! I'll let you know when I know for sure, for sure ;)

Especially when they just up and leave with out any reason. then they make up excuses then never follow thru hoping the other will just forget but what they dont know is you will never forget or understand either.
I know that feeling too. I don't think you have to forget, but you do have to understand. It helps if the other person gives you some help there, but eventually you come to terms with it and it makes you stronger.

But what if I am not ready to let go yet? Is that wrong?
If you don't feel ready, it's not wrong ;) Just don't let fear of the unknown keep you from letting go when you are ready; I did that for too long when I was at home.

Ack, I am sorry that i just took over part of your post.
No apology needed here, that's the reaction I was hoping for. :)

I think sometimes you gotta let go and fall just to see if you can land on your feet.
Yea, sometimes that you do...

Ok, that was deep. Thanks all :grouphug:

Oh, the title of course came from The Crystal Method, and the name that tune quote came from Public Image Limited, who definitely rock, and you should listen to them.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
5 winking " ;) " in one reply. thats simply amaizing. especially because im sure it wasnt intended.

glad to hear everything is starting to turn around and go the right way man. lets hope it continues!

edit: i just noticed. your first post has 5 of those in it too! woah!

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Originally posted by: LinkMan
the name that tune quote came from Public Image Limited, who definitely rock, and you should listen to them.
ANGER IS AN ENERGY!

I knew that one...I just forgot to answer in all the emotion. :grouphug:

I could be wrong, I could be right/
I could be black, I could be white/
I could be right, I could be wrong/
I could be white, I could be black...

Now playing: Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad

·
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ANGER IS AN ENERGY! & Now playing: Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad
Andy, dude, you rawk!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(heh heh, six!)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah I know. I am about ready too. Growing up my parents and I hardly got a long. Mom was always working night shift and dad was working day shift. My brother and I got shuffled around to grandparents and relatives. As I got older my father became very stricked with me, he told me two days prior to graduation (from high school) that he wanted me out of house and to never come back again (this was over something stupid). Heh, well almost three years later, I still live there with them and my little brother. Dad and I never got a long and I always yearned for my mother to be around more but she really wasnt. She is now home more but I am gone most of time working full time or school full time.

Only time my dad and I really bonded over anything is when I bought the cougar. See my dad used to race when he was my age. he would buy cars for 50$ and turn them into fast flying machines. So when I bought the cougar and found Neco he got really excited about it. So the only thing we talk about now is how much more power can we toss under the hood or stiffin the rear ended or how low can she go...etc. (right now he wasnts to put a 3.0L under the hood) :rolleyes:

Anyways theres much more that none of you know to justify with what I had to go through growing up with them but for now they mind their business I mind mine. I am just on a fine line with my parents that I just want to up and disappear with out saying anything to them then theres times I feel I should wait it out. :shrug: who knows what will happen. (my current prob is they are trying to "ground me" by taking the cougar away, heh, that'll happen when hell freezes over)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Just my opinion Sare but if they are trying to ground you at the age of 20
it's time to move on.
Dude I smoked so much weed in highschool, partied
never listened to anything always got in trouble and arrested, it was bad.
And my folks just didn't know what to do with me and I hated them for
alot of $h!t. I knew if I went away for awhile we would appreciate each
other alot more when I came back. We argued alot when I left I was supposed
to go to Kent for design but I chose to go to Collins College in AZ.
When I left we hated each other came back and it's 100% better.

It was great being on my own, scary but hella exciting.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
By the way, in all this hysteria, I got that new Crystal Method album as well; that thing pumps! Great driving music.

I'm getting into the more hypnotic stuff like that right now; I go in phases, and i'm in techno-hypno-trance mode this month. Might I also recommend a couple of other recent acquisitions in that vein-

Unkle - "Never Never Land"; DJ Shadow and a host of guest vocalists FREAK YOUR WORLD OUT. A nice chillout chaser to "Legion of Boom."

Massive Attack - "Mezzanine"; One of my all-time favorite bands anyway. Don't know why I never got this before. Really laid-back and trippy. And while we're on the subject, another noteworthy Massive Attack record - "Protection." Couldn't say which one is better...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Massive Attack isn't bad. I'd rather listen to Sneaker Pimps. Trance stuff I like would have to be DJ Tiesto In Search of Sunrise vol. I, II, and III. I even gave some to my mom for chillout music. She said she like it, but all the songs sounded the same :tongue: To the untrained ear, I guess they do. Christopher Lawrence United States of Trance one of my favorite CD's ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts