New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 and an considering the borla duals. From everything I've seen it seems like you must get another hanger welded on for the passenger side. But taking to Ow3n he said that you don't have to, because borla uses a different method to mount the exhaust. It seemed like he was sure about it, so now i just don't know. Anyone else know for sure if there is a way around welding on another piece?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm not really sure about the mounting situation, but I know that usually the aftermarket exhausts for 99-00 Cougars is a direct hook-up to where the stock exhaust was, and the 01-02 Cougars require some modification. Not sure if that's what you're talking about, but that's what I've heard. I've seen threads on this subject, do a search and you should be able to find something about it.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
My Dual Borlas for my 99 didn't use the stock tip hanger at all.. I think both tips are mounted on the tow holes on the frame. I fits as if it was perfectly made for ir,

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant. The 99 and 00 Cougar aftermarket exhausts just bolt right up to the car like the stock exhaust. But if you're putting an exhaust on an 01 or 02 then you have to do a slight modification, not sure what that is yet. If you go to customcougars and look up the exhaust systems for the 01 and 02 cougars, I'm pretty sure there's a small explanation of what you have to do. But they don't just fit perfectly like the 99 and 00.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: EllenD
Yeah, that's what I meant. The 99 and 00 Cougar aftermarket exhausts just bolt right up to the car like the stock exhaust. But if you're putting an exhaust on an 01 or 02 then you have to do a slight modification, not sure what that is yet. If you go to customcougars and look up the exhaust systems for the 01 and 02 cougars, I'm pretty sure there's a small explanation of what you have to do. But they don't just fit perfectly like the 99 and 00.
Or you could just check CEG.... considering that's where the how-to originated....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the dual Borlas on my 02 and it lines up perfectly with two holes that are already in the underbody of the car. They mount more center than where the original exhaust hanger is. I thought the same thing and went to a Ford dealer here and got a hanger off a European Cougar, turned out I didn't need it. There was no cutting, drilling, or modifying of any type.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
there are 2 available hangers there.. think about the Euro Cougar and the exhaust being on the right side ;) all you need to do is buy an ADDITIONAL rubber exhaust hanger from a local parts store push it thru the thingy and your ready to slip the exhaust rod thru it.. you might need to secure the metal rod with some locking rings though..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.