3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
301 Posts
flowmaster - loudest
magnaflow - not as loud
borla - quietest of the three

combined with an intake, you're looking at maybe 8hp. personally i have the flowmaster, and my gf and others complain of the noise, it doesnt bother me. search and you will find more exhaust threads than stars in the sky, as well as videos / sound clips of each.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGuy939
i thought magnaflow was the quietest muffler, but the true borla exhuast is the quietest is what i have heard
very quiet.. most people are like (and i'm dead serious).. you have an exhaust? Holy schnikes, that looks/sounds stock, oh. that's only a 2.5 liter? Wow that sounds good! I thought you had like at least a 3.0 or something bigger.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
The kit you posted the link to is not resonated, so it'll be kinda noisy, even with a "quiet" muffler. To keep it quiet (daily-driver, no-headaches quiet) you will need to install resonated tips.

·
Registered
223 Posts
get the quiet one, it may seem nice to have a loud one but when your driving for 4 hours it gets annoying. and dont get the weapon r muffler. i got it and without the silencer its really loud and nice but with the silencer on its all rice.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Originally posted by: StealthyWeasel
someone link me up with the resonators I'll need to buy with that kit, I'll get in SS if its worth it
These would be fine; or you could go for the sweet quad-exit look... I was going to get those, but found a used set of Borla resonators on here for sale (you can't get those new - only from hacked-up Borla systems that were bought DIRECTLY from Borla).

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I'm planning on doing this sometime when i have extra money.. buying the trubendz borla and installing resonators. I have the true borla though (the one made by borla) not the trubendz, the trubendz is louder like andy said due to no resonators. The true borla is actually very loud until you put the tips on... I don't want a loud exhaust, but I think i'll benefit from the 2.5" over the 2.25". Depending on if you get a lot of snow or not depends on whether you should get aluminized or SS. In Ohio, SS is a must if you want your exhaust to last more then 2 winters.

·
Registered
359 Posts
or you could just go to borla.com and get one of the XS mufflers and cut off your resonator and weld the boral where your stock muffler is it sounds great to me.. VERY DEEP even at like 4-5 K

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Nightrider
or you could just go to borla.com and get one of the XS mufflers and cut off your resonator and weld the boral where your stock muffler is it sounds great to me.. VERY DEEP even at like 4-5 K
but your net hp won't really change... if you just want the sound.. that's cool

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Originally posted by: Tygerr
but your net hp won't really change... if you just want the sound.. that's cool
...and you still have that drinking-straw pipe.

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah but i have MSDS headers and a CAI :p

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
yeah but i have MSDS headers and a CAI :p
So that drinking straw is REALLY killing you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
drinking straw? what

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
We already gave you the links? The trubendz w/ the resonators.. the original dual borla no longer sells, i believe they might have single tip though, you'd have to check. I wouldn't really call it hi-jacked either, we're telling you what NOT to do if you want a performance gain. Headers on a stock 2" exhaust makes me want to cry.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.