New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Borla Dual exhaust but I need to know how and where to hang the other tip from. What do I have to do to get it to hang in the right place?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have a 99' which comes with the factory hanger bracket on the passenger side. So, all I had to do was put on the rubber mounting bushing and attach the exhaust sytem, and that was it! With a 2001 or newer, your car DID NOT come with this bracket (which amounts to a small steel rod onto which you can hang a rubber mounting bushing), so you will have to take your car to a muffler shop (or anyone you know with a welder) to weld on a steel rod to mount the rubber bushing onto. If you take the exhaust system down to any muffler shop, they will be able to do this for you for very little money.
Charles

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No my car didn't come with a mounting bracket on the passenger side. I guess that I'll have to take it to a muffler shop, I don't trust anyone that I know with a welder

G

·
Hey stewy...let me know how you like that Borla. I can't decide between forking over the extra cash for the Borla, or going with the YoDude.

·
Registered
560 Posts
hey Stewy ... nice choice on exhaust.
unfortunatly like CWT said they cahnged over the exhaust design on the 01's and up .... even the single exhaust does not follow the same pattern as the '99 and '00 ...
BTW which tip set did you get?
if you get a chance and have the means with which to do it ... once you get the exhaust on could you make a sound file?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the borla dual with the carbon tips. If your looking for a deep mustang sound go with the yodude. The Borla has a nice sound to it but the Yodude's is definitely louder exspecially with an intake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to my dealership and ordered the bolt on bracket I needed for $40. When I get the bracket and have a friend weld my exhaust (w/phantom tips) I'll let you know how I like it, and yes I plan on making a sound file.

Does anyone have a recommendation on what intakes are good. I would prefer one that doesn't require moving the battery unless someone has a better place to hide it than in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Go with the Injen...looks the best...very high quality parts...comes COMPLETE.
Just my $.02 (plus I have one and LOVE it!),
Charles

G

·
Stewy,

What was the part number for the exhaust hanger. I get my exhaust soon and I wold like to know what to get.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad news Grendel the part that I got from Ford doesn't work. The hangers point in 2 different directions they have to go the same way. So I went to Midas and for $50 they welded a bracket on for me. So if you are getting a Borla, put it on and hold the other tip up with a wire hanger and go to a muffler shop and have them weld a bracket on for you.

G

·
I have a 2001 Zn with Borla Exhaust and what they did with mine is that the muffler place I took it to used the old bracket from your original exhaust and welded it to the frame and it looks and works great

G

·
Thanks for the welcome, sorry it took so long for a reply internet problems. Anyway yes I got the duals and yes it requires two hangers. What they did with mine is that, from your old exhaust you have a hanger and all they did is take that one turn it around and welded it to the frame on the side that doesn't have one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts