New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on getting this exhaust and would like to know fitment and other issues, i have searched and some people say i will need a new hanger and some people say i dont... im just a little confused and any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
If you have a 99-00 Cougar then you won't need a hanger...If you have an 01-02 Cougar then you will...The easiest thing to do is take a peek under your car & see for yourself. Either way it's no big deal...If you DO need a hanger, it's a five-minute operation at any competent muffler shop and a fairly inexpensive modification. As for fitment, Borla is held in extremely high regard (and expensive as all hell), so I seriously doubt you'll encounter any issues with poor fitment. If you need specific information, I would suggest contacting Edgecat, as he actually owned the Borla kit.
~PREZ CIII

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have a 2001 with Borla duals. I installed it myself with no issues. I didn't need a hanger though...are you sure it isn't the other way around?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Well, I have a 99 with a TruBendz dual setup and I didn't need a hanger either...Thought I remember the newer models requiring a hanger. :confused:

Like I mentioned before, the easiest way to tell is peek under the bumper! ;)

~PREZ CIII

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
2001- 2002 models dont have a right side hanger...you have to "rig" one yourself or have a shop weld one.

i used a hole that was already there to place a 4 inch bolt thru and used that as a hanger. total cost $ .38
it has worked just fine for over a year now with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Mine fit beautifully on my '99, and you heard how it sounded. Pure sex. Trust me, if you're going to do it, do it right the first time... There is no alternative to Borla. :thumbsup:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i remember yours adam =] i can tell you the reason i want borla is cause it sounds so great, not like a honda where all you hear is exhaust and then like 5 secs later the car moves. I probably will do what funkboy said and ghetto rig something.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
im telling ya man for .38 cents you cant go wrong its just as sturdy as a welded hanger and i put some thread lock on it to prevent it from loosening up with vibrations.

maybe i can snap a picture today so you can take a look

1 - 8 of 8 Posts