New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything i need to know when buying either of these. is there a size that they go by. i found a nice shift boot for a contour will it fit the cougar? thanks, adam

·
Registered
576 Posts
You can mod most shift boots to fit both the shifter and the e-brake. I know everyone--"we want pics"-- digital camera is coming soon, sorry!
But really, I did it by stapling the bottom of a red leather shift boot around the plastic trim piece that holds the old one to its shape. Use patience if going this route though, things can break easily.
The e-brake one is kind of the same way, but have to be extra careful not to pierce the leather in the wrong spot( I have a tiny puncture hole from staple-barely noticeable)

The contour may fit- but IMO this is more custom. They are a nice bold red and really pop out from the center console. I regret to say they are APC boots from Nopi, but they look great!

I swear that is all I have that is APC!!!!!!!!!:flushed:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont care whats more custom... i just want to know if contours will fit. i didnt know if theres a radius i need for my shift knob

·
Registered
43 Posts
What I think he is saying is that if you order it and it doesn't "fit" then
(best case scenario) you can trim it down too fit the stock frame. The stock boot is just stapled to the frame. (I'm sure you know this) So in theroy you can get almost any big shift boot to fit. The only problem would be the height. If the contour one has deminsions listed at the ordering page then you can measure out the old one too see how much work you have too do. And if it's too tall in height. (if it's too short then you can shorten your stick down too fit)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts