New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an inner conflict over whether or not to get the Kaminari Hood. I want it, but don't want a lot of problems with it. Can anyone make some recommendations to body shops in the Chicagoland area (preferably Western Suburbs, but I'll except where ever) that are good with stuff like that. Even better, someone who's possibly worked with Kaminari products before. I know that Jenny is the only one in IL-NECO that I know of with the Kaminari hood, but I'm hoping some other people can give me good recommendations too.

The body shop that fixed my front bumper said they'd try, but had never done anything like that before. And they wouldn't let me drop ship it to them, so I have no idea how I'd get it to them if I ordered it to my house.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
well my suggestion is to have randy do it ! i dont think youll find a cheaper price 2 1/2 drive to peoria though but way cheaper i dont think you can ship it to his work but he might let you send it to his house and when it got there hed paint it and then you drive there and get it put on if your serios about this ill see what he can do
and ive said it befor randy is the man and i beleive at least 4 ilneco members fell the same way not to mntion a few of my freinds and myself.

G

·
Yeah Randy is the man for paint! His prices are awesome, he's a great guy and he owns a Cougar. Plus you'll know where he lives if for some reason you have a problem haha. Seriously, go with Randy.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have I met Randy before? What's his screen name?

I'd be interested, but I thought that the Kaminari hood had to be fitted before it was painted. Like shaved down to fit or something. If that's true, then wouldn't someone need the car before they painted the hood to make sure everything fit? Can Randy do that kind of stuff?

Also Jay, is Randy the one who did all your body work, the bumper, etc? If he's the one who did all that for you, then I'd be very interested for the Kaminari hood.

Thanks,

·
Registered
731 Posts
yup randy is the one who did mine and danztigs and amber/jenny/jims tommorow plus all the other peeps i hooked him up with im not sure on the shaving of the hood kaminari is a ral good company so itll prob fit right outa the box (all hoods need to be fitted though) but all the do is bolt it on and then shift it (bend the latches to fit) but jenni could prob find out what installing it took. if you were to ship it to randys what would you do with your old one when you were there? and if you think randy did a good job with my stuff gimmie a few weeks hopefully less than to when i get more stuff and the whole car custom painted.but unfortunatley due to the mass requests for prices ect. i have to be the middle man so lemmie know.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Reagan....get the hood...then you could sell your old hood to me for cheap!!!!!!!

I will looking for a used, but good condition black hood.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
most ppl that get the kam hood dont need anything altered on it, but in order to get the gaps between the hood and fenders correct on either side they loosen the bolts and move the fender itself.. thats about it.. and some people had problems with the latch not in the right place but i guess it was an easy fix

and kaminari hoods can not be sent to a home address, they HAVE to go to a business aka body shop because whatever shipping company they use won't go to residences

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm.... that's a problem then.

I don't even know what I'd do with my old hood anywhere I go... its not like I can cram it in my trunk...
Jeff, if I get the new hood, and I sell the old one, you have first dibs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I got my GFX and wing on! They look great!!!! YEA!!! I'm almost done with the coug.........yeah right :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.