New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a kit soon.. Anyone have an honest opinion on which to get. Im new to this and would appreciate any and all info you could give, such as where to get them, prices (ordered, installed, painted), who do i get to install my kit.

Also, would this void my warranty?

Thanks for any help.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
a body kit will not void your warranty... in fact some dealerships sell cougars with body kits already....

www.evisteon.com for the Visteon RoadFX kit
www.razzi.com - razzi kit
www.wingswest.com - wings west kit
www.kaminari.com - kaminari kit (they also make a cool hood)
www.kinggeorgeva.com/cougar - this is for the Street Weapon Kit

www.street-concepts.net has the Andy's Auto Sport Dragon Z bumper which is super cool looking molded to a set of z3 fenders, carbon fiber visteon sides and a molded in ww rear skirt, topped off with a carbon fiber gtr wing.

there is also a stoffler kit and No Limit Tunining kit (which is my favorite) however these kits are european and shipping is crazy... but now there is a distributor on this side of the lake and we'll have prices very soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the Board!!

I picked up my Kaminari kit a little less than a year ago. I ordered it from Kaminari but also had a discount from Speedoptions.com I payed about $800 or so for the front, 2x sides, and the rear peace. I think Chezterr might still be selling his.

Now here's the expensive part...well at least for me. The painting and instillation. I didn't want to go to a low quality shop that wouldn't match up the paint of the kit and the cougar so I went to a place that did a good job on my friends Integra. The place is actually a collision repair place.

Both painting and instillation ran me about $1,200. But they did a perfect match on the paint and they even relocated the screws where the door is so you wouldn't see them when you shut the door.

All in all $2,000 AND a very very happy couagar owner!!

G

·
Hey - I'm new to the forum, and also new to "pimpin' out" my cougar. I like the way some of the bumpers & kits i've seen look, but I've also heard that some are unsafe, or illegal in the U.S.?

Can someone help me sort out which are safe and street-legal? It's definately these that I will be choosing from, when I'm ready to go that direction in adding mods to my car. Right now, i need to install a hood scoop, tint the windows, get clearouts, and look into some performance mods also.

Your help would be appreciated. =)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I went for simplicity but not subtleness in my kit, which is why I got the Razzi kit. (click on 'fingernails' link below for pics of mine)

It simply tacks/screws onto the bottom of your Cougar, and can be done pretty quickly at any dealer with a halfway competent body shop.

Razzi Ground Effects kit info
Razzi.com (Mercury Cougar)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well... the best bodykit IMO is no kit. (More weight in the wrong places, no performance benifits, destroys the cars natural lines yada yada yada...)But if I had to choose it would be the JMS kit. I haven't seen their Cougar body kit in person but I have seen JMS kits on VWs and a friend of my cousin in Portugal has one on his Bimmer. Nobody can beat these guys in terms of fit and quality. It is also the most subtle kit out there, which suits my tastes.

Besides JMS, Puckpuck forgot a few websites of the other more difficult-to-get German kits.
JMS - http://www.jms-fahrzeugteile.de/
Stoffler Autotechnik - http://www.stoffler-autotechnik.de
Postert Design - http://www.postert.de/

No-Limit-Tuning does not have a website yet but you can check out that link that Meephie gave you. But make note that the Stoffler and the No-Limit-Tuning kits are not the same. They are two different kits made by two different companies.

Postert has a distributor in Florida. JMS has a distributor in BC. Marc from Germany recently found out that No-Limit Tuning has a distributor in BC as well.

Aerogear (http://www.aerogear.net) has a kit for the Cougar too. It was one of the first ones out for the Cougar. It wasn't not a popular kit though. They might not even produce it anymore.

G

·
RAZZI all the way boys!!!! This kit looks awsesome, simple and straight forward. The wings west one is pfunky with that front end. The Razzi is like $600 too shipped cost. so its good price. And i think Razzi enhances the looks, and it weighs like 5 pounds, so there is NO effect on performance.

G

·
STREET WEAPON...

Although it costs alot to get it painted and yes you have to pay a professional to install it.. I am hoping it looks really good because i have spent tremenous amounts of money .. and my car is in the shop and i get it back on wednesday..

Simon

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have street weapon too..and I can't believe you spent so much money to paint and install it!! heheh...shouldn't of been spending more than 200 bux!! I hope!

Anyways...with street weapon and dragon z...you have to take the protective 5mph reinforcement off...

so if you live in a different country, you might have to check with local safety rules with modifying with those kits.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Call Auto FX at 1 888 288 6391. I just ordered my WW kit with the grill insert,(no wing), all painted for $705 with shipping included! Not a bad deal. $450...not painted.

G

·
Damn it.. I feel like shooting the person who convinced me to get the streetweapon kit.. it freakin cost me 2000 more then what razzi would have cost...

How sad life is...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.