New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
body kit?

for those of you with a body kit what type of springs do you have ? if coil overs whats the lowest drop? i got b&g springs and i remember some guy selling his springs cuz his body kit kept scraping . btw i'm planning on getting the roush body kit, just want to know if its worth it

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
RE: body kit?

as far as i know, the roush kit wont scrape no matter what. its a kit that doesnt hang too low past stock. if you want, you could PM Sled and ask him about it. he has the kit. but like i said, im pretty sure it wont scrape with most drops.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

you could also ask sonza68 about this. he has the roush kit with roush springs. he may be able to help ya

·
Registered
4,959 Posts

Originally posted by: JAMallott
as far as i know, the roush kit wont scrape no matter what. its a kit that doesnt hang too low past stock. if you want, you could PM Sled and ask him about it. he has the kit. but like i said, im pretty sure it wont scrape with most drops.
Wrong. i have the Roush kit and Ground Controls, and i can't fully slam my car and even get out of my neighborhood without danger of scraping. You can get away with cutting angles going into and out of driveways and parking lots on the flat, but on hills if you have Ground Control at a decent slam i can guarantee you'll run into a situation where you're going to scrape the fronts somewhere. The problem is that the fronts hang down and out.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

I scrape my Roush kit with Roush springs and 18's :)

....just depends where you drive.

One thing I can say THAT KIT CAN TAKE A BEATING!!! I have run over deer that cracked my liscense plate bracket and actually bent the liscense plate aswell and the kit was fine. One of the pieces fell off my car and I dragged it at 35mph for 1/2 a mile(didn't know as the radio was to loud) and put it back on...no damage (accept paint scratches).

any fiberglass bumper....lets just say......I'd be on number 4 or 5

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

my kit drags on my car at full slam on gc's.

2/3 of the way down is about the limit, but I usually set them a little under 1/2

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

If you don't want to scrape at all you can't do a bodykit on the front ....ANY kit will reduce your incline threshold significantly and even with the stock suspension a front ground effect will scrape on steep inclines and around curbs....

I have about 4" ground clearence in the front and I still gotta be really careful ....but after awhile you'll be used where you can/can't drive and you should be ok....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts