New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got a brand new 4 piece kamanari kit to replace th one thats already on my coug. How difficult is it to do by myself and how long will it take, lol with no exp. or Is there a really good body shop that can do this without charging me an arm and a leg??

·
Registered
903 Posts
depends. is it the glue on type or is it the screw in? glue is easy uses double stick tape anyone can do it. unless you want molded. I redid the rear part of my stick on kit very simpe just make sure you use a good solvent to get all the wax of the bumper first.

M

·
0 Posts
well, you dont want to do it yourself, if i remember the kaminari is a fiberglass kit that requires some molding and prepping.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i have heard that kit looks pretty good not molded but i wouldnt do it...if you have the $$ get it molded if not still have a shop install it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well right now the beat up kamanari kit thats on it, is just screwed on, but you can see the gaps in the kit and body of car, so to me it looks like crap, but where im at theres only one good place to get it done. And this guys asking like 1200 dollars, just wondering if theres any cheaper places that can do a good job in the socal area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts