New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is very important... ive heard a few people ask about it, and in my searching, i cant seem to find a 'how to' on HOW TO INSTALL A BODYKIT
stuff like:
-front bumper
--side skirts
---rear bumper

now i know theres alot of people here who have done this, to their car... so help us out.

i think starting with how the parts are attached to the car would be a good start.

(i need to know all this myself, cause ive got to find a way to put on my bumper/sides/rearbumper in a few months, and i'd rather not have some greedy garage do it, steal all my money, and possibly mess it up anyway (ive heard some horror stories)

thanks!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow...... OOOOOK, i just watched all of it and i can now say "hellz no way"
i dont have the equipment or the resources for something like that.

so my next question would be... what kind of place would do it?

ive been thinking of bringing it to my dealership's collision center... (because obviously they have experience putting new parts on cars) and then i could have it assembled and painted all at one place.

yay or nay? good idea or bad?

G

·
It depends on how good of a job they do, the one I went to to get my oil changed and they forgot to put a new filter on, so I had a huge leak, as for painting/installing a body kit, I'd just do some research in your area and find a place that does good work, that'll back it up if anything goes wrong. If you in Colorado I'd suggest duct taping it on over taking it to a dealership around here :biggrin:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA!
im sensing a bit of problems comming from Colorado :)

well, fortunatly, im up in Canada... and its not really tough what im asking just attach the parts, and give the whole car one fresh coat of paint... same color as what i have.

someone i know bought the crazy custom paint and it was only $350'ish so i guess factory paint / color would be less (hopefully) and i figure its only about a days work to put all the parts on... i have about $1000 budgeted and im hoping that i've over-budgeted.

im saying my dealerships garage because individual shops that do this kinda stuff have a bad habbit of having experience in ONLY honda civics... and i dont want to give them a red mercury cougar, and get a yellow honda civic hatchback back :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts