New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i raced a bmw m3 or m5, im guessing it was a m3, anyways, after turning onto a two lane road with the speed limit of 55, i motion for the bmw behind me, with a nice spoiler too, to race. at first he doesnt respond so i take off, i switch lanes going about 70 and then switch again going about 80. i guess he changed his mind, because the whole time he is right on my rear. after we get past traffic and both lanes are wide open. i floor it, im now going around 90, he switches lanes...and the blows by me..he was off...in a matter of seconds, he gos from being about 1/2 a car length behind me, to at least 3 cars lengths a head of me. i caught a glimpse of the back and saw the redish m sign but couldnt tell if it was a m3 or m5, im guessing m3. btw i have an v6 atx, i didnt have my inatke on at the time, so performacne whise, all stock..i dont think my injen would have gave me the win though

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at first, when i did not know what type of bmw it was, i did..shortly after he blew by me, i was like..dayyyummm

G

·
ya i hope you didnt expect to even have a chance did u? unless you push a button and a pratt and whitney jet turbine comes out you rear, you gonna lose boy !!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
ya those Bimmers are kinda tricky to tell the normal ones from the 'M's. not quite as easy as telling a Cobra from a V6 Mustang. usually the M3 has a bigger hood bulge and front air dam than the normal 3-series. the M3 also has little flairs under the doors, but I guess u couldn't really see 'em in your rearview.

nice try, though

G

·
if that was the M5 you would have known, it would have made your car look like it was not even moving as it passed u by. no matter what you could possibly do to a cougar(nos,supercharger,and every mod in the book) it would never beat a stock m5.

G

·
best way is to tell by the skirts.....M3 is usually coupe....the new M3 is really easy to tell.....but..ya, don't worry, I got killed by one or two of those bad asses too....they are FAST

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.