New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLUEFIN ARRIVED YESTERDAY MORNING INSTALLED 15MINS.............YES IT DO MAKE A DIFFERANCE....WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHEN MONGOOSE & INDUCTIN KIT FITTED.
STATS SO FAR.................CAN ANY ONE CHECK THERE SPEEDO/REV COUNTER AND LET ME KNOW THE DIFFERANCE.

5th GEAR
30mph...............1250 rpm
VERY MUCH IMPROVED ON ACCELERATION..........2nd.........3rd..........4th..................MIDDLE/TOP END REVS.SMOOTHER AT LOW END SPEED/REVS.EXHAUST SOUNDS MUCH THROATY AND ANGRY.

ALL IN ALL A GOOD BUY (CAN RECOMMEND) THE DIAGNOSTICS SHOULD COME IN VERY HANDY COULD SAVE A FEW QUID,THE IMOBILISER WILL COME IN REAL HANDY FOR WHEN I GO ON VACATION.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Your speedo/rev counter reading will be exactly the same as you haven't changed your gear ratios but the driveability of your car sounds much improved.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: Cougarbloke
Your speedo/rev counter reading will be exactly the same as you haven't changed your gear ratios but the driveability of your car sounds much improved.
There is a marked improvement in performance.....but best of all extra go-go with a good & noticeable addition of more M.P.G....Can/will recommend i am well satisfied.

·
Registered
478 Posts
ah, more mpg!...sounds good to me, do you know what mpg you are getting? Do you find you're staying in higher gears for longer due to the extra torque and therefore the increased mpg?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: Cougarbloke
ah, more mpg!...sounds good to me, do you know what mpg you are getting? Do you find you're staying in higher gears for longer due to the extra torque and therefore the increased mpg?
The answer to the Q ...is yes........................................

The first long outing 738 mile...should have given me mpg......but we go caught up in the traffic jam on the m25 & m1...MECKFU !.. was that a mother of all "go slows"
But even so the cat performs/mpg with a real marked improvement,and in the course of time will recover the cost of bluefin in saved fuel costs........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dreamcatcher

I am liking the sound of this chip!!!! a couple of questions for you

1/ how much?
2/ where from?

have fitted chips to other cars(205gti) and was a little dissapointed with results so have avoided them for a while, but this one sounds intriguing, any one else with comments on the chip?
Many thanks..........Gav.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI GROOVE................................
Q1.........£299.....including delivery
Q2..........www.superchips.co.uk

:wiggle:........PLUG IT IN UPLOAD MEMORY & ENJOY........:thumbsup:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the insurance implications of using Bluefin as it is not a chip but you are still altering original spec.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wow this is an old post. I would guess since it doesn't specify but it does ask engine then there's a chance Yeah it would being that it's almost midnight and it's located in the uk they should be open for business soon call and ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been looking for a chip that would work with manuals and have found nothing I just got a reply from these guys saying that it will! Us manual guys have nothing in the states. So to the UK I go!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If you try it let us know how it goes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will do I have to fill some paper work out for my bank just because its in the UK and then wait till pay day but I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I'm actually surprised they still make this

·
Administrator
24,344 Posts
Get an XCal and take it to a shop with a dyno. Everything else =

1 - 15 of 15 Posts