New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know what you guys suggest for a good BLUE low beam probably xenon or krypton filled i guess i already have the high beams but low beams are diff brand (Advanced Auto special) and suck compared to the highs i would GREATLY APPRECIATE some pics at night in YOUR car also so we can compare also where to buy them and cost you paid would be great

i've seen some on ebay but i dought they are as blue as they say but i WILL take your advice

THANKS ALOT Dusty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, I'll be able to tell you more about the ones you can get off ebay within the next couple of days, I bought a pair last Wednesday, so they should be here soon. I'll post pics when I get them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've had bad experience with the Euro Dezigns off of e-bay. I got some cool blue low beams from wal-mart that are double the brightness of the Euro's. POS in my opinion.Horrible

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have nokyas and I love them. They are also available in your turn signal and sidemarkers so everything matches and is one color. I have my pics on a different computer. Ill see if I can get some later today.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i've been using farenheit bulbs in all of my vehicles for the past 4 years and i absolutely love them. or if you want a really bright bulb that is purty go for the sylvania silverstars.

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
Umm.. if you like the look of your highbeams. Just do the High-low mod. Buy the 9005's and modify the harness by taking out the little ridges. That's what I did. You can see a lot better and they won't burn up your harness either.

G

·
just in case you don't know, i spent some time talking with the state trooper (not for being pulled, a friend of mine ;) ) and he was telling me that in almost every state, unless your car comes equipped with factory HID lights...then you can NOT have them. If you car is just for show, then i say go for it, but the conversion kit is pricey.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks allot but i want pics please

Rista are the silverstars blue or white

Blackcat where do i get PIAAs and are they blue

RISTA where do you get farenhight bulbs are they blue

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i have the euro light xeneon lows and they are more super white then they are blue...there is a subtle hint of blue though....but they are definately better then the P.O.S. lights that came with the car...

HEHE about your sig...not sure how priceless that really is...i guess it is good if she is getting dinner ready for you and needs that little bit of warning before you stumble in the door to get your nice hot food on the table for you...hehehe :rofl;

·
Administrator
11,633 Posts
I'll mention my brand then. Sylvania Silverstar's.

I couldn't be more happier with these then if I had an actual HID setup. They throw the exact type of light I wanted. Nice. Crisp. Vivid white. They have the slightest hint of blue out towards the sides of their beam, but not very noticeable. I had bought them around when they came out so it was around $50 for the low beams. I think they can be had for around $30 now. The best thing I like about these is how far they throw a beam. I've illuminated street & highway signs like they were glowing from over 1/2mi away. And the lights do a kick-ass job of finding a cop cars reflective decaling :)

I had taken some photos a while back with them in & my fogs on (with stock H3's, they look like the stock headlight color) and the difference was night & day...literally. I have the StreetGlow highbeams which do a really good job, tho they are too blue for my tastes, and give the projectors glass a nice blue hue during the day.

So until I can find Sylvannia SilverStar's for my highbeams, my vote is for:

StreetGlow highbeams

Silverstar lowbeams/fogs (their fog bulbs are hard to get in my area)

EDIT:

I've had both sets for close to a year now without burning out either. I've tried cheapo $10 ones to some Eurolights and they lasted only a few months.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: cougar11190
keep it cummin

You can stop bumping your thread... people will respond even if it's not first on the list. Keep in mind most people aren't going to bother to post - you can see pictures on CougarDB for many of the vehicles at night, as well as many of the details of the setups. Or search - it's been covered a number of times in the past two months. You might also want to ask DgnZCoug what he thinks of cheap "blue" bulbs :tongue:

And to keep this on topic, I'm running the stock bulbs :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts