New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most drag strips state that if the bottle is in the driver compartment it must be equipped with a Blo Through Cap vented to the outdoors.

Ok, now if I mount my bottle in the trunk is that still considered the driver compartment? What if I have no back seats? Does anyone else have one of these?

Bottom line, do I need to get one of them.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If you have no back seats, and no divider seperating the trunk from the passanger compartment, i would say a Blow-Down tube would be needed. It totally depends on the track you will be running at though. I would check with their tech-station to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yeah, I assume if you have no back seats, the trunk would be considered part of the driver's compartment, since the trunk is no longer a seperate compartment.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i think it is a smart thing to do regardless of having seats or not... i don't want nitrous in my trunk regardless :)

what other options are you hooking up puck .....? remote bottle heater? remote opening valve? purge valve? dash pressure gauge?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Actually, it doesn't matter where the bottle is. If it is inside the car anywhere, getting a blow down tube is required, and never a bad idea.

Would you rather lose $40 of N2O or thousands in fixing the car, your garage, or replacing someone who got hit with a piece of bottle.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: pgtatx

Would you rather lose $40 of N2O or thousands in fixing the car, your garage, or replacing someone who got hit with a piece of bottle.
I am pretty sure that the bottle comes from the manufacturer with a safety releif valve already built in. (At least mine did, anyways.) So if the bottle pressure gets too high, the nitrous will be let out. The blow down valve just simply vents the nitrous outside of the car.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Actually, the burst disk from the manufacturer is installed but will only blow away to 3000PSI. The blow-down tube is much safer. Its a good option for you Pierre since your bottle is going to be inside the car no matter what.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing the blo-through does is vent to the outside... with or without it, the disc will rupture at 3000psi and vent the n2o... only diff is i need to pay like 150$ for a line that will hook up to the bottle so i can run it outdoors....

kinda sucks that now i gotta spend more money but i guess that's life :(

the other options i'm doing for sure is pressure regulated bottle heater, guage on bottle (comes with bottle heater), and purge kit.... i really want to bring a guage into the cabin, but unless i can find one for under 75$ i'm not doing it....

i'm also going to be running an MSD RPM window switch... you can find them for 50$ or lower sometimes, and the best part is for under 5$ you can tune them to any RPM you want without needign to buy the expensive pills.....

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Ever thought of running an Air/Fuel safety switch? It will shut down the nitrous if you become too lean or too rich at any point in the run. They are avaliable from www.dynotune.org. Its something to check into.

Editted: I can't spell worth a crap.

N

·
0 Posts
Puck, the only company I know that has an electrical N20 gauge is NX, all others require the line IIRC.

At least at the tracks in Georgia, you are required to run a blow down setup if you have nitrous.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have an electrical bottle pressure gauge. It is Autometer picked it up from DuratecPerformance, but I think I paid 190 for it. If anyone is intersted I'm looking to sell it.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow dynotune.org has some good prices on some nitrous accesories.... anyone able to comment on the quality of their components?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
wow dynotune.org has some good prices on some nitrous accesories.... anyone able to comment on the quality of their components?
I was thinking the same thing. They also have a lot of little things to spark ideas, too. ;)

I'd also like to know if anyone has purchased from them.

E1

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Havent purchased from them, but they are also an EBAY seller, so you can find the same stuff even cheaper on EBAY. They have alot of small goodies to help the nitrous-fed Cougar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts