New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got intake for Christmas. I just took apart my airbox and the rubber thing on my car. I go to put the bracket on the air sensor piece, and they don't match up and there isnt a place for the air temp sensor.

I have exactally EVERYTHING in this picture. This was the picture on the ebay page for the intake kit. what am I to do?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Hmm, it doesn't look like you have the piece that the filter attaches to that has the hole in it for the air sensor. It also looks like there is one too many valves coming out of that chrome part. I can't really tell if that MAF adapter is large enough, but maybe you could drill a hole in that, or maybe in the rubber part at the end of the filter to fit the sensor in.

Maybe since you dont need all those valves on that chrome piece, you can cut one down and make the hole big enough to fit the sensor in?

Mike

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What shall I do about the bracket?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
what doesnt match up? The bolts? Can you maybe drill 4 new holes in the bracket to match it up? If not, then you might have to buy a MAF adapter,they're pretty cheap

Mike

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Shouldn't there also be another 3" silicon coupler to attach the straight pipe to the throttle body?

Just thought I would point that out too.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The coupler pictured is the one used to attach the pipe to the throttle body. Your missing the one for the pipe to MAF connection.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
has anybody else gotten this intake?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Originally posted by: coyotefreek
whew, I almost bought this yesterday, glad I didnt. Instead I purchased this one.
You'll still need a hose and a clamp or two for it, check my post about the bombz intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts