New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you hook things upto the blank buttons on the dash (I have 2 inbetween my alarm led and the rear defroster). If so how easy is it?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i know that you have to buy a euro set. i think its like 35 bucks from gary star. ask crispy she has had this done, so she would be a better sorce

·
Registered
560 Posts
can't we just change the stock setup slightly? I'll pull my dash apart tomorrow when I get to CT and see. I kinda like the idea 2

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
im doing this when i get my neons and so forth . cuz i wanna kinda keep the stock look. i just dont like alot of switches

·
Registered
430 Posts
ditto on gary star, you can order that panel, to have all 4 working switches, i pulled it apart this weekend to take a look, its very easy to wire whatever you want to the switches, i plan on using them for my interior neon, and any other accents on the interior. Piece of cake, easy mod.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you dont want to buy the extra buttons, I put my neon switch under my seat, on the outside as the plastic curves under the seat. It is out of site and easily accessible, i'll take a pic later today and post it.

·
Banned
390 Posts
i know the two button in the mniddle are open but there is that blinkin red light and there is the defroster.. well with the new button is all four spots open or what?
im fuzzy with the buttons.. i know morph has done them and thats about it

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey where do we get these buttons from????????????????? :);):(:flushed::disgust::biggrin::mad::eek::tongue::cool::disgust::confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked morph about it too, he said that the guy that did it for him ordered the buttons from the factory. the buttons arnt blank though they either have the traction control or the rear defog symbol on them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took mine off this morning...
I have the security one.
Some random wires running to the one 2nd to the left.
A Blank
And the rear defroster

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Yes....I have the Euro Assembly... it has the passive alarm and 3 functioning buttons with LEDS --- those are traction control, front windshield defrost and rear window defrost... its nifty!! :)

I had someone drill thu my original stock buttons to install toggles with a seperate LED for my strobes and neons but didn't like how it didn't look OEM... After talking to various dealers and Gary Star I found out that we cannot get replacement blanks and that the WHOLE button assembly must be purchased.. I was quoted over 50 bucks from the dealer and 32.50 from Gary... The assembly was ordered thru Gary and when it came it was the Euro one... I'm not sure if thats all that he has in stock or what but it was a definate win-win situation...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
here is a picture of the button assembly that someone requested to me in PM that be posted... if you look closely you will see the part number incase you call Gary.. ;) All I suggest is that if you use these buttons please remove the image on them -- if you leave em and you don't have the features you have comitted a Rice Sin...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would it be possible to swap the alarm LED with a dual color one, or run a line from the switch to show when the secondaries are open? Just re-use the light if possible? After all, that light is only used when the car is off, so you won't be getting any confusing information if you could wire it right... If you could swap the LED you could have it flash red for the alarm, and a steady green for the secondaries...

Anyone think that would work, or have an idea on how to get it to work? How hard would it be to swap the LED? Impossible?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Smack if your not sure how its not worth digging into. Its too difficulty to do. This coming from someone who deals with electronics each and everyday. Sorry :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what ever happened to the "jimmy rig the secondaries to open early" idea? wouldn't thgat need a switch?

i like the idea of havin extra launch power a button away

·
Registered
27 Posts
how do we take it out?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the slot second from the left made into a button. I have it connected to a circuit that turns on the alarm LED and also make the IAT sensor read lower, so I guess I have more power by the push of a button.

It wasn't all that hard to make that blank spot into a button and it only cost like a couple of bucks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts