New Cougar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nevermind :rofl:. Don't know why I didn't just flip it upside down. Shouldn't matter which way it goes. Seems to fit in the car ok. Just need to find one with the sensor connection going the other way.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It definitely matters which way it goes. The vacuum side needs to be on the bottom of the valve, otherwise it wont ever fully seal.
The good news is, there are different IACV's out there. The design for the 3.0 changed at some point so somewhere out there is one that is designed to fit in that orientation...I'm just not sure what years were which so you may need to do a little hunting to figure it out. (Post #39 here shows an 04/05 Taurus that is probably right)
The other thing I considered when I was faced with a similar situation was to make two adapter plates with hoses in between them so that I could relocate the IACV altogether. It would be pretty easy to do with normal hand tools you probably have already.
Also, that UIM is sexy. that is all.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Oh i meant i flipped the throttle body upside down. There is no vacuum port on either the TB or the manifold like there is on the SVT 2.5 TB (not sure on a 3L TB). Still keeping the IACV the correct position though. Hope thats what you meant.

Or you saying the IACV needs to go completely the other way?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Oh, I see...Flipping the throttle is indeed a better solution.

Reactions: Black Tilly

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Very productive weekend. Installed new fuel filler neck and brake lines since everything was out as they were very rusty. Removed entire rear end. Installed the 24mm rear sway bar along with TZT rear end links. Man is that thing a tight fit. Installed new high flow fuel pump. Waiting for bushing to come in so i can put the coil over suspension back in. Getting there just slowly.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah, all the off the shelf pumps can hit 350 in the same size unit. 255 will be plenty for you though.

Reactions: Black Tilly

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Car is a Return. When i installed the 3L to begin with i wasnt building the car with a supercharger in mind. At that time I had replaced my fuel injector plugs EV1 (Return) to EV6 (Returnless), so that i can use the 3L injectors. Now since I am running a supercharger, do I need to go back to EV1 and use #42 lightning injectors?? or can i just Use #39 EV6 mustang injectors and not swap the plugs again? To me the car doesnt know or care what injector size you have because you will tune for it anyways.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It won't care, as long as as its enough and high impedance. Just use some online calculators to understand the limitations of the size/power on Premium fuel.

I've maxed my MAF and i'm now past the #42's but i don't know your power goals.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Not really sure on power goals. I guess anything over 300 and Id be ok with. Found a 90mm housing with a mustang MAF (F6UF-12B579-AA) locally for $20. Might upgrade the MAF to a lightning one. Which MAF are you using if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
80mm lightning. Which you will be fine for 300hp I'd guess it probably maxes out at 340 whp.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Tank is back in. Installed the polyurethane for the rear control arm and trailing arm. Going to put the rear knuckles back in the car tonight after work. Need to order brakes for it yet.
I hate the way the fuel block im using looks. It is just so dang ugly. I think im going to go Jason's route with fuel lines. Looks so much better.

Lastly I dont really want to cut the vortech intake tubes up. Where is everyone getting their intake sections at?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a mix bag. Frozen boost/silicone intakes (same co) is pretty decent. Have alot of treadstone as well.

If i was going to do it over i'd prob do a FMIC but, maybe this will help.

On the inlet side i ditched that plastic thing as it kept leaking. So cobra head 3" 90 > hard straight >135 > 45 Hard pipe > 45 to MAF

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Looking into ordering piping. I noticed that the inlet size of the supercharger is 3.5 inches. Can I run 3.5 inch piping on the inlet side? Or will that be too big of an area for flow? Tried looking on google and most people are talking about 700+ hp. So for our hp range is 3.5 just too big?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Reason why i ask is my plastic cobra looking thing is also cracked in a spot and im sure it will leak as well. I cant seem to find a cobra head reducer from 3.5 to 3 inch. If 3.5 piping is too big i guess I could just put a reducer in after the 3.5 cobra head to drop it back down to 3 inch. Thoughts?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts