New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im posting this here because most of my questions will be for the 3L. I have Mostly everything almost ready to go. engine and trans will be going in hopefully this weekend. Most of my questions will be on hooking up the fuel and vacuum lines. Vac lines im not horribly worried on. Mostly the Fuel lines. This vehicle is a Early 99 Return.

I Have new Ground control suspension going in, New wider tires/rims and bought a HMS Transmission From PRT. Very excited for all this to come together.

Saying goodbye!!

When i bought this car it was a ATX With remote Start. I have since installed a MTX back in 2011. Come to find out all these wires are put in ghetto like. A few had melted. so i ripped out the entire aftermarket system and re-soldered and put heat shrink tubing on.

First Time using a Plasma Cutter. Very Fun. Highly recommended. very fast. Grinded down the rough spots after. Jason's and PRT's how to was awesome. so Thank you.

Friends Uncle Did An Amazing job on the Welding.

And this is what it looked like back when i Bought it lol.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
very nice

Reactions: Black Tilly

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice work! What are you running for wheel/tire 17x9? What offset?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17x8. sadly they were out of 17x9 when i ordered. I figured id just order 2 17x9 in future if i planned on running even wider tires. offset i believe was +19

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Like!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured id do a little update with some pictures.

Its getting there. slowly. I didnt touch the car hardly in July and August. Was too hot and Me being too busy. Next is figuring out Fuel. I have the block to covert it from return to returnless, but I think i need a adapter to plug it into the fuel rail? Here is a picture.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well would it be year specific? I got that one off a used escape or so they told me. And my taurus rail bends the other way.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes they changed rail design in 04 on the escape. and Taurus sable

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
What model are your front wheels?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
figuring out these vacuum lines suck on the st220 lol. I either have too small hoses or not enough length.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Your Build looks a lot like mine... But I kept the SVT intake on my 3.0. Just got mine fired up last week. Are you up and running? What did you to about a tune? Is somebody willing to take on a V6 tune over there?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
you can go to braded AN fuel lines:naughty:

Reactions: Black Tilly

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope not up an running yet. Literally got my fuel hooked up today. Ordered parts and when they came they were wrong even though the picture showed that they were the correct part, so i had to send some stuff back. Finally had the correct parts and installed everything. Installed the st220 for the first time tonight. Have a few vacuum lines to figure out yet.

As for tune that wont get done until next year. 75% sure Ill be taking my car to Smokey's in Ohio. They seem to be the few who know what they are doing on these machines.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts