New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in a Cougar as a project or parts car? I need to make a for sale thread but until then, I'd really rather sell it to someone that more local it make it easier on everyone. I know most of you have seen it but if you haven't it's Stangkiller's old car and has a few parts taken off of it but I have stock or aftermarket replacements. It's pretty much a complete car and just needs some love and minor assembly.

I'm looking at truck but don't want to commit to it and then I have 4 cars at my house, 3 is already enough.

The car has quite a few things and I'm sure I'll miss something but I'll give it a go. It's a 2000 V6 Manual and has ~56k miles on it including the motor and tranny.

It has installed unless noted:
- ST200 RSTB
- Roush RSB (not installed but can go with the car)
- Powdercoated Black Rear Subframe (I think it may be reinforced but I can't confirm bc I didn't do it)
- Trunk Relocated Battery with Kill Switch next to License Plate
- SVT UIM & TB (taken off to take out the big injectors and Supercharger kit, radiator and fans are also currently out)
- I have 3 different sets of injectors to choose from (19, 21, 24 lb'ers)
- It may or may not have SVT cams. I've heard they were added but I have no way to confirm this because I haven't take the motor apart.
- The tranny has a Quaife installed but I'm not sure what else, if anything, was upgraded when it was installed.
- Aeromotive aftermarket return style custom fuel system using braided fuel lines all the way from the tank to the rail. It uses a returnless fuel rail but the return line comes off the pressure regulator under the hood. There is also a line that feeds directly into that system under the hood that was used for a Direct Port Nitrous setup. Nitrous was sprayed once through the system. I also installed a new Walbro 255 inline pump and Aeromotive micron filter. The stock lines are still in place and the stock fuel pump is still in the tank. I wanted to take this system off and put it on my new project but didn't feel like going through the hassle so I just installed an in-tank Walbro 255 in the new car.
- 2 Autometer gauges w/ pillar pod (can't remember what series and I'm at work). Air/Fuel & Oil Pressure.
- Z3 Fenders
- CF Stock Style Hood with Hood Pins (has yellowing and would need to be wetsanded and cleaned up. It looks pretty bad but I'm fairly certain it's just the Clearcoat)
- 01-02 Front Bumper
- The car was originally Light Sapphire Blue but was rattle-canned black by the previous owner. So, I will admit it looks a little off but not bad when it's wet. There are a few parts where the spray is flaking off around some edges and it looks like the Blue still looks pretty good.
- The sunroof was replaced and is working but is red.
- The interior has most of its trim pieces stripped out but I have them all. I'm in the process some of the interior pieces with my current project. It will be getting the stock interior with grey leather seats in pretty darn good condition. I'm actually thinking about swapping them into my DD because my leather is a bit worn but I'm not sure how long I'll have my DD after the project is finished.

I also have quite a few parts that could go with the car. Including a new Roush Kit in Black, used Weapon-R SS headers and Y-pipe, custom grill insert, Razzi High Rise Spoiler, some 19" Icon W64's with Toyo Proxies, extra front and rear bumper, an extra set of stock rims etc...

I'm sure I missed a few things but you get the gist that I have quite a bit seeing as how I have 4 Cougars.

If someone came and towed the car away the way it's sitting with what is in the list above (basically no extras I mentioned), It would be my ideal situation. Of course, buying more parts warrants a larger "discount" if you were interested in more parts.

I need to get some pictures when it stops raining and it's light outside (it's actually the black one in my sig). I've been working some long hours lately so weekends are really my only chance (Of course it's been raining this weekend). Once I have pictures I will be listing it up in the for sale section unless of course I no longer have it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ya gunna poster up a price?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ya gunna poster up a price?
thought about it..... ~$2,500 the way it sits and I'd probably throw in a few things depending on how I'm feeling that day. I would really just like to get out of here so I can concentrate on the Red car and making it all it can be.

do you have any struts and srpings?
Nope. The struts & GC's I had were given away to one of the guys that helped out swapping a bunch of things from Black to Red.

·
Registered
996 Posts
lol... trying to think if there anything in the black one i want.... i almost want that rstb... but i aint got a job right now GRRRR still i have seen this car in person who ever gets it has got work ahead of them... but its a project car with alot of options... its tore apart right now... if i had the money and time i would invest in this for myself and start trying to come up with a rear wheel drive lol... but again nothing other then hopes and dreams

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
20 dollars and a dead fetus
hmmmmmmm, was it aborted illegally or was it a natural death?

lol... trying to think if there anything in the black one i want.... i almost want that rstb... but i aint got a job right now GRRRR still i have seen this car in person who ever gets it has got work ahead of them... but its a project car with alot of options... its tore apart right now... if i had the money and time i would invest in this for myself and start trying to come up with a rear wheel drive lol... but again nothing other then hopes and dreams
Personally I would love to part the car out but I have neither the space nor the time. I would feel slightly bad as well because it really isn't in bad shape as far as structural or even being very old. It just looks a little rough because the previous owner was not, how you say, the sharpest crayon in the box.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
not a bad deal for what all its comin with. home it finds a good home.....too bad i have no money...lol but i wouldnt be lookin for something with all that in it...::COUGH BRENT COUGH:: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Lol... Like he said Adam... Time... Or just offer me more money & part out what you don't want & make your money back ;)

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as a note, I can remove a few of the aftermarket parts and reduce the price. A big one is of course the ST200 RTSB but could keep going if it means I'll get this thing out of here.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
good luck on the sale man. sorry the other one fell through...at least its a complete car just in a box here and a box there. but its complete

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good luck on the sale man. sorry the other one fell through...at least its a complete car just in a box here and a box there. but its complete
No worries. Someone will come along that wants it or will part it out. I'm just anxious about this truck and found the one I want so I need to jump on it very soon because I doubt it'll be around for long.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*cough* how much for the rstb *cough* will lower price for others lol
How about $2,500 and I'll help you uninstall it and you can keep the rest of the car as a bonus..... I'll even bring the whole thing to your place so we can do it there.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
996 Posts
alright fine... if your so desperate to get rid of it let me barrow the money to take it off your hands drop it off at my house... and i'll go home and clean out the garage and the 75' harley roadster i was working on i'll move it over to the other side.... but i'll only do this once... lmao sad thing is... if i did get blacky... i wouldn't keep the 2.5L in it remember... wish to make a rear wheel drive cougar.... plan to try and out NTI to its skills... see if i learned anything....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
YEAH RYAn.....awesome idear then you can help me plan my mustang build when I build it when i get home...

·
Registered
996 Posts
YEAH RYAn.....awesome idear then you can help me plan my mustang build when I build it when i get home...
lmao... i'll make that a deal.... if i got time i will be glad to help with the mustang... i might even bring the chevelle if i get it running sometime... god to many damn projects to work on when i graduate next year...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really would just like it to go away so I can feel better about getting a Tundra (I've got my eye on a Supercharged beast of truck). That way I wouldn't have 3 Cougars and a Tundra at the house for just me.... AND I can use the truck to haul all my freakin parts around

1 - 20 of 38 Posts