New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have that mold looking crap on their trim above the doors? i cant seem to get it off. any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah, Mothers Back to Black or any decent vinyl/rubber protectant should help restore the color.

To avoid that discoloration from ocurring in the first place, be sure to thoroughly dry all the plastic trim on your car after washing it. I've been keeping a close watch on my trim to prevent this from starting and I've noticed that it seems to be caused from water mineral deposits left to dry on there. Also, every 2-3 months, clean your trim with vinyl/rubber cleaner and then nourish it with a vinyl/rubber protectant.

If you already have substantial damage or staining and Back to Black isn't yielding very good results, try a trim restoration product like Forever Black.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i dye it black again wont you be able to tell were the mold stuff was at? im trying to make this stuff show quality again. what about sanding with a light grit paper and then adding that stuff to it?

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
where do u get that stuff from,,, does autozone have it

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mothers Back to Black is available at most auto parts stores, I believe AutoZone does carry it. It comes in a red bottle and costs $4-$6.

Forever Black may be harder to find at stores, but you can either order from the site I linked to in my previous post or run a search for other places to buy it.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i used the mothers back to black,, and it didnt really help me out,,, my sh**it is bad.. i need something mre powerful,,, what would happen if i dyed it,, would it look new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts