New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Billetcoug shooting for 11's in the 1/4

This is pretty crazy but heres the story. So I go to BatlGround Engineering with Mousa to get his car tuned and run some baseline dynos, when out of the corner of our eye we see a beautiful Red 350 in the corner with parts laying everywhere. We inquire about what they are all doing there and we are told the guy is getting rid of his car and parting out everything. And of course Mousa being the way he is, he starts leg humping and asking about the two turbos sitting in front of the car. Guess what... the guy desperatly wanted to get rid of the kit! And now heres the kicker, he was only asking 3500 and he would install it right there in a week at the shop. Im standing thinking, holy [censored], this is nuts. 3500? Mousa works a payment plan with the guy since he owns a place called BPU Performance and starts a credit card payment. For 3500 he got all of this!

- GReddy twin turbo kit (TD05 18G's)
- GReddy front mount intercooler
- GReddy Type S BOV
- GReddy E-manage
- GReddy Profec e-01 boost controller
- GReddy turbo timer
-Used greddy exhaust

Im thinking to myself youve got to be kidding, but heres the car that he bought all the parts off of before teardown.

So anyways, back to the good stuff. His car supposedly was finished yesterday after a tranny replacement UNDER WARRANTY from Nissan :rofl: I stopped by the shop to take some pics.

Shot of his car running on the dynapack dyno, the in ground awd dyno was down for repairs so they had to use this.

So on a final note, I plan on getting more info, vids of his track runs, and dyno up eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i will believe all of it...when i see it!

if it is tru i bet mousa blows his 350 up before i blow up my coug! those bottom ends aren't good for very much and with him having the ability to turn up the boost you know he will! if i didn't feeel bad for his car before with it N/A i really do now!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
He got it cause he's affraid of gettin beat by an SRT-4 :biggrin:

Good find Mousa!!! Can't wait to see what you start puttin down with it :thumbsup:

Edit - On a side note Mousa, start reading everything you can about turbo's and tuning now!!!! I've learned so much since I've had my car and there's still a TON that I don't know.....just a suggestion.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
damn george i wanted to post it first in Vids/pics..... yeah after i got my new tranny from nissan i went to batlegrounds and had it there for a week and a half.... LOL decided tuning it NA would only help me out alittle....The best part i bought the whole setup for 3 grand from some guy on the forums, luckly he lived in atlanta and needed the money bad, so ii maxed the hell out of my credit card to get it all and get it installed.. My minimum payment for the card is now 359 a month oouuchh but all worth it.

So micah when do u wanna run it now, i have to wait about 1500 miles because of my new tranny and i get to get some more tuning done when i get the break in point out of the way

im running 9psi but i need to upgrade the exhaust really bad now

i wonder if i still have the warranty!!lol

i guess i have to change my sig but i can still leave the part about beating micahs sedan

BTW THIS IS WHAT I POSTED IN COOGA

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
HTF is your minimum payment $359 on $3500!!!! There's something wrong with that.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
whats wrong with that

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
HTF is your minimum payment $359 on $3500!!!! There's something wrong with that.

EXACTLY! lol but i am going to not say anything about my lil "project" either mousa why don't you head on down here and get waxed by my turbo project! actually i will extend that offer to anyone on the forums! takers?????????

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
I had a $25K credit card limit at one time and had it up to $22K ... my minimum payment was $225 ... there is something wrong with your card if they require more than 1% of the existing balance as a minimum payment.

Notice I said "Had" ... I'm debt free now thank god ... that is a HUGE hole you have dig yourself out of, so watch out! I learned from my mistake and NEVER charge anything that I can't payoff within two payments.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Originally posted by: billetcoug
So micah when do u wanna run it now, i have to wait about 1500 miles because of my new tranny and i get to get some more tuning done when i get the break in point out of the way

well, we'll wait until your tranny is good and broken in.....i got parts coming the 1st of Sept;)

M

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
I had a $25K credit card limit at one time and had it up to $22K ... my minimum payment was $225 ... there is something wrong with your card if they require more than 1% of the existing balance as a minimum payment.

Notice I said "Had" ... I'm debt free now thank god ... that is a HUGE hole you have dig yourself out of, so watch out! I learned from my mistake and NEVER charge anything that I can't payoff within two payments.
i'm with trevor... when i got married i ran over 25K in credit.... and monthly payments were less than 250$ a month... that was tough to get out of.....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea what are you gonna do when your tranny goes again from turbo abuse :tongue: No more warranty.

Mike

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yeah Mousa when I said that I meant that for some reason you're payment is WAY too high for that small of a balance. You may wanna check with what the terms of you card are.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Great find :thumbsup: I too only use the card sparingly, my wife and I pay all bills in full so no intrest fees are accumulated if/when we use it.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Yeah Mousa when I said that I meant that for some reason you're payment is WAY too high for that small of a balance. You may wanna check with what the terms of you card are.
some credit card companies are now doubling the minimum payment amount due to help you pay it off quicker.

Mike

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
some credit card companies are now doubling the minimum payment amount due to help you pay it off quicker.

Mike
The highest minimum payment I've ever seen was when I worked for Capital One......come to think of it, there were a few cards that we had that did have a 10% payment but that was the exception rather then the rule.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.