New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Last night i saw a guy in a White Neon with Red racing strips and a big fart tip. He had decals on his back window that said, "who let this Neon out?" If i had my cat we woulda raced him, but we raced him in my friends accord. Needless to say we smoked him by about 5 car lengths....he had to have felt stupid.
Peace Out

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Yeah, like who was he trying to fool? Certainly not anyone who would care anyway.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'd watch out. Your'e going to bring back that "eyecndi" guy from the other Neon post. He just might go postal, and claim the guy in the Neon just wasn't trying

Andy

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ok I have to mention it.. I was out walkin my dog today and this kid in a new Focus comes bumpin up the road.. It was black with tinted out windows.. not a whole lot of stickers (and no yellow ones so u know it wasnt fast!) But then I looked at his tires and he much have had some serious spacers on because his wheels didnt even start until 1" before the end of the well!! He had some chrome rims on too but I couldnt get over the tires!! And to top it off he drives by and I am trying to pull myself off the sidewalk and I see a HUGE fart tip on the end and he revs it up and I almost pissed myself... Why coundlt I have my Coug on the road next to this guy and make him feel as stupid as his Focus looked!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA. The guy was like 18, im 16 and the friend i was with was 17. All we could think was what a ***. Also last night we tried to race an 01 Eclipse on the bypass (like a freeway) and he wouldnt race us. By the way his Honda is a V6 3.0 not sure how much HP, but its swift..
Oh and I agree, The Focus and Toyota Echo are the ugliest cars on the road.
Peace Out

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The Echo takes the cake! That car is REPULSIVE!
It looks like the ass end was all squished together, and it just kept getting taller + taller.

Andy

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I agree, if I could only spend $10000 on a car, I would buy a good used car before I bought an Echo.

·
2,589 Posts
"who let this neon out?"..i'm still cracking up 'bout that 1!!!!

when i wrecked the coug, they gave me a new focus 2 drive..damn, those things r awful! i wouldn't own 1 if somebody payed me..it drove like a golf cart..!!

G

·
Hmm, you guys should watch what you say about Neons, one these days your gonna race one and it's gonna take a nice big wet bite out of your ass and hand it to you! We have an all motor Neon here in MD that runs 12.8's in the quarter mile. And a bunch more in the 14's and 13's. Neons, when done right are NO JOKE. They take mods really well for a NA 4 banger. I have a video on my computer here at work of a guy in a HRC turboed Neon R/T making a 10 second pass and ruining one Viper owners ego, good stuff, lol.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Yeah, and there's probably some sick individual out there with a Geo Metro that has forged pistons, rods, and some head work that runs 13's on the bottle. I'm not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Well I once saw someone take a Ninja engine and add NOS, and put it in a shopping cart. But I don't get scared and crap my pants when I am in a parkinglot.

You can mod ANY car to hit the low teens in the 1/4, but 99% of the ones on the street are slow ass dogs, and if I see one with "Who let this NEON out" on the windshield, I am gonna crap my pants out of laughter.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Like I said in the 'Neon with fart tip' thread.

If you take a stock Neon and start modding it up, pretty soon your gonna have a car that can beat a STOCK Cougar.

Now if I take my Cougar and start modding it up the same way you mod yours, I think you'll see the Cougar come out in front.

If you have to mod up a car to be able to beat a STOCK Cougar, I think that says alot for the Cougar....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
My 84 Accord will smoke your ass. All I have to do is ram it in the rear bumper with my buddy's big rig. It JUMPS off the line when I do that. I bet it's because it has an SOHC 4-cylinder engine and 4 doors. That is the true formula for speed. All that's left for me to do is GUT my interior like you did and I will be running mid 8s. Then I can sell this wimpy V6 Cougar and bask in the glory of the mighty 4-banger with its gutted interior and super horsepower adding spark plug wires. Did I tell you my new yellow Magnecore plug wires netted me nearly 37hp on the dyno? It's killer... I beat Neons and Cougars alike now.

G

·
wow, am i the only one sick of this neon guy? if I had a 55 shot of N2O and all that good stuff, i'd beat HIM. He doesn't understand that to truely compare two cars, the have to be either stock or have the SAME mods done to them. There is no point in bragging about a gutted, nitro'd up neon against a stock coug. There are too many differences, no control in the experiment. Take a stock neon and a stock cougar, and the cougar wins. It's in the numbers, ragin neon man. Plus, my car is cooler cause i can actually give my friends rides and go on road trips and bring company! Have fun on the road...alone, mr angry.
kirk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here are some times:

2000 Cougar V6 MTX
0-60 8.6 secs
1/4 mile is 16.7
Reference is from Road Report "The Motorist's Bible" 2000 edition

1997 Neon SOHC 5 speed
0-60 9.1 secs
1/4 mile is 16.8
Reference is from Motor Trend

2000 Cougar V6 ATX
0-60 10.0 secs
1/4 is 17.5

2000 Cougar I4 MTX
0-60 10.5 secs
1/4 is 17.8

1997 Neon DOHC 5 speed
0-60 is 7.5 secs
1/4 is 15.8
Reference is from Motor Trend

Now the facts are posted. Any further questions just look it up and call the experts liars.

Larry

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok, I will call them liars.

Do you have any clue how they get those numbers? Some of them are estimated. And the ones that are really tested are not the absolute best times that can be squeezed out of a car.

They don't take one car out and test it all day long like it would be assumed. They take out a few cars at a time, and do a few runs in them. They don't take the time to learn what the best launch point would be, or shift points. Many car owners have gotten better times out of their stock car than what was posted in a mag.

That goes for all cars, the Neon included. I am not trying to fight the "which is faster" argument, just pointing out the facts as you put it.

And what is the point anyway? I don't go running around giving you little facts on your life, you don't see me telling you how to whip up a batch of fries do you?

They are OUR cars, and WE like talking about them. Now take off and go back to your end of the internet.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
0-60 in 10 secons for a 2000 ATX V-6?

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with that.....
I've run mine in the high 8s before on straight, level peices of road.

I've seen 0-60 listed at 7.8 seconds before in other magazines, Sport Compact Car for example....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.