New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE:Trunks almost done

sorry mang, but we dont all keep magnifying glasses in our pockets like you :p got nething larger? size does matter at times

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I don't know why the pics are all blery... I'm taking more tomorrow so hopefully they'll turn out better.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

if i stand back about 10 feet and close one eye and squint the other i can almost make out the diamond plate ;) j/k with ya dood. better pictures please :)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

from what i can see (which isnt a whole lot), it looks good.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

All pictures will be re-takin tomorrow...I will also be taking some exterior shots cause the car goes in the body shop in a few weeks.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Did you cut these plates yourself?? Sme of them edges are looking mighty rough and uneven....on the ones that go into the back well on the sides is what im referencing.

Im assuming there will be more polishing and maybe making it into one giant plate rather then 3 sections?? I'll tell ya what....as far as diamond plate in concerned....CWIII has got it down, you should check that out.

Otherwise.....good start :wiggle:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all plates have been cut by me and my father... as soon as he can get some more from his work we are going to get the rest of it done then have everything welded togethes so it looks all one peice. I just sprayed it with windex for the time being.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oooh that's blingin

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
thats why i didnt put thos little curvs in mine...i could not stand to look at that crack..even if you weld it there will still be a crack.

do you have AAA...cuz if you weld that you cant change a tire or even take it out....

how come your plate didnt slide under that plastic thing like mine?

edit~what did you cut it with? i used a jig saw and just had to go slow and take my time so i could get a straight line...and i made a line with electrical tape

Attachments

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
not to be a dick or anything magoo but from what you've said, you seem to think you'll be able to compete quite well with your car, and knowing that, i expected MUCH MORE(i.e. fiberglass etc) other than that, they look alright

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To answer some questions: Ry-Everything right now can be takin out...its in 3 peicies. I've got Triple A as well. The hole trunk is still underconstruction and Besides my windows I get alot of compliments on that instead of everything else which is good. Edit: Dad used card board around the edges instead of taking it out. Some sort of saw was also used I forget the name of it. Then I am having a Audio shop do the box so that way it looks more professional.

Crazy-Reason why I didn't do fiberglass is because pretty much everyone has it and I don't want to be like everyone else. I have never seen a diamond plate trunk out of all the shows I've gone too.

Friday all of the sides are getting sanded down so hopefully it will look much better after that. Just haven't had the time to sand it.

Thanks for the input...keep it coming.

By the way-I am putting strobe lights and all sorts of stuff in there...incase if anyone was thinking of asking about that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts