New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best plugs and wires for a NA setup...When I say bet, I don't mean most expensive, if you get my drift. What are the stock plugs and wires? Standard ford crap that goes after 30K mi. or something a little better. Thanks guys...

G

·
I like my Taylor 8mm Spiro-Pro wires for the money. They were only about $45 and seem to be good quality. There are probably 3-4 other good choices as well.

I do want to mention the plugs I'm using because they seem to be overlooked. Again, they are reasonable at about $2.50/plug. Motorcraft AWSF32PP. These are a dual platinum plug (tip & hook). They were originally specified for an earlier model Contour that had some type of multiple discharge ignition that was really hard on plugs. As a result these dual platinum plugs were used. I saw thes plugs recommended on the CEG board some time ago. Most platinum plugs are only single platinum. As with the wires, I'm sure there are other good choices.

G

·
when i replaced my ignition with a MSD, i went with Bosch +4 plugs and Magnecor 8.5mm Race Wires. I did notice a difference even before the ignition was on ( i like to test after every mod) i felt a little difference just with the plugs and wires. its like 40 bucks for the plugs and like 130 for the wires. already pre cut and sized.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my probe, I was running NGK wires, and Denso Iridium plugs. The Iridium plugs are the ones used in race cars. After I put them in, I was amazed, my idle was really smooth, and the car had a tad bit more kick when accelerating, and was really smooth. The plugs, though, cost between $13 and $25 a piece. Maybe I'll try a set on the cougar. Some car don't respond well to platinum, that's why I was asking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.