New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to assemble a handful of great looking cougar photos for a small project.
CougarDB has a lot of stuff but without knowing who to look at, its sort of a crapshoot.

Who has had the best looking cars over the years?
Or if you know of some great photos in particular, feel free to point me toward them.

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
mels cat, wadespencer, b3nnett, me, goldie, nd4spd, eternal1 (however he spelled it) nudy1der, project cougar, crispy, craig flango(cant remember screen name) excelcior (sp) lil fiesty, nemisis, hammil, kurtskugar

theres some others but im blanking right now. depending on what youre doing i could point you in directions. or check out the calenders

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember really drooling over Blackbetty's pics with his centerline storm wheels installed but I cant find any good ones now...

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts
Flango was KrazyKustoms or something like that, right?

Crispy was a good one.

David's was cool - Badazzcougar, I think?

Rikenbomb was always about my favorite, along with Hamill and Slade. Spruce Green just speaks to me.

the guy with the airbags - Caterina

Tony from Florida - HotCat

So help me I always like Skywalker's kind of ricey Roush. And Brian (RacerX) speaking of ricey Roushes.

Lots of good ones throughout the years.

I always think of that photo shoot that Craig and James did with the 2 Millennium Cougars together. Will have to see if I can find some of those shots somewhere...

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Reminds me Scullin that I'm going to have to make you take pics for me this fall!!!!!

I'd like to think I still have one of the most original and best cougars around. Bought it new and used it for 2 years before becoming a garage hermit. Have put on about 500 miles a year or so for the last 10 years as I have other distractions in the garage and in the house. So right now it's at about 30k miles and will forever be in my posession.

12_zps267e56f4.jpg DSC00428_zpsf7b89993.jpg reply1.jpg

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats pretty sharp. Needs Visteon spoiler.

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts
View attachment 76375

I guess Jimmy's car was Dark Shadow Grey, not Spruce Green.

And no spoiler. Love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I actually filled and smoothed the spoiler holes cause I like the smooth look. I will however be adding my cougar S upper spoiler this summer probably. Has been painted for a few years, just haven't stuck it on yet.

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts
Found these in the wayback Machine... I LOVE those MR2 vents.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah! I was hoping to stumble across a pic of that car...Ive seen it on some bodykit website somewhere...

·
Administrator
24,231 Posts
That photo right there is probably 99% of the reason that the '67-'98 owners hate us. The whole "sport compact" scene was such an antithesis of the entire heritage of the marque, and then it BECAME that. I'm sure it hurt.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They were never going to like us anyway. The minute they heard the new Cougar was FWD they checked out.

While this story of disgust and denial is not uncommon with other name revivals, I think its a little extra ridiculous for our cars because the entire Cougar lineup has been so eclectic. The land yachts of the 70's and early 80's were completely insane (especially in the age of the oil crisis), and the later 80s and 90's cars were incredibly boring.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts