New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Roush wheels came with a set of Toyo Proxes T-1 S... 225/45ZR17... Treadwear rating 200, Traction rating AA, Temperature A. i love these tires, but they're kind of expensive... over $200 each at last check. Does anybody have a suggestion of something close in Traction, preferably something slightly higher in treadwear rating, and preferably a little less money? Thanks. :)

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Well, i've had my Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s for a while now, and I love'em!

I just recently took my 17s off, and put my 16s w/ BF Goodrich Comp T/A VR4s, and let me tell you, I miss my 17s! :(

The tires grip well, they're great in the rain, they wear well (280 treadwear rating) and, best of all, they're CHEAP ($86/each on TireRack)!

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy Kumhos.

I've also heard good things about BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW or KDW 2.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I hadnt ever noticed the Kumho MX tire before. I was going to suggest Nitto NT 555. I feel they are better than the 712s and they are cheaper than the toyos. The kumho MX looks alot like the nt 555, tirerack, however, does not carry nitto tires so you cant compare their charts of the nittos with the kumhos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.