New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls,
I know I'm not really well known around here, I am on CEG though. Anyways...my 3rd gear is taking a **** in my SVT. It was just rebuilt 8k miles ago and its going again. Here is the kicker. I have very little money for this (just enough for parts/labor) because I am in the middle of going to nursing school and clinical's are coming up, so I am BEGGING MC NECO people to PLEASE help me pull my transmission this January. I will supply w/e is needed, a house to crash at for however long, a heater, air tools, a pretty good set of handtools....etc. I would rather not take the motor out, but if I have to I will.
The reason for Jan is because my parents have a time share in FL, and will be leaving me a car to drive for the time being.
Again Please help me out guys, if you know anything about pulling a transmission I would really appreciate the help this winter.
Thanks guys,
Bill

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
No prob man, name a place and time and I'll help out. Just make sure there's heat -- I don't do well in the cold, lol...

E1

·
Registered
17 Posts
let me know too, i've never pulled a tranny out of a cougar or contour before but i've done alot of car work before and have helped rebuild a trans before. i'm good with the tools but dont count on me for all the knowledge. just let me know a date and place and i'll try to help out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much guys. Im 110% sure there will be heat, beer, and food (whatever you guys want) for helping me out. I really appreciate this. Right now, Im shooting for either Jan 5th or 19th. Lemme know if this works. It will be in Lapeer Mi as its where my car is being parked.
Thanks again :)
Bill

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
No worries, mine's been in "storage" for 2 yrs... :p I'll be in the Yukon...

E1

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
ya I'll bring the towncar.

I'm always up for helping out. I'm no super awsome mechanic or anything like that, but I've lended a hand in plenty of tranny pulls and hopefully will have my own swapped by then.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much guys :) This is going to be awesome. How do we want to pull it? Also, if you live far away, feel free to be able to crash at my place :)
FWIW: Winter Beaters for the win. Ill be rockin my riced out 1995 mystique lol. Kinda fits in with the Mercury thing....
Bill

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL you gonna come? Your Jeremys buddy right? If so, tell him that he is welcome to come out too. He knows where I live.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'll come help watch and drink beer, bull****, and learn how to pull the tranny.

My buddy is puma1 on here Bill.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bill, i dont actually live in lapeer anymore, i grew up there and my mom still lives there so i'm around quite a bit. i've got a red cougar. now i live in waterford half the year (when im not at college) and flint the other half (in college, kettering). but since i'm in lapeer often anyways i'd love to come help and learn some more about my car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll come help watch and drink beer, bull****, and learn how to pull the tranny.

My buddy is puma1 on here Bill.
I'll be there too, what do you say to another Beer Pong Match :D. My tranny might be coming out too so please feel free to help on mine as well. CDW27 Party at Bills house :banana:

Aaron

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I should be able to help. If you have all the tools ready that thing isn't too bad to pull out (which you know already).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts