New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first time on in a while. I did a complete hard drive restore and it turns out my computer didnt come with the install disk for the modem...had to buy a whole new modem tonight. Anyway, this works fine now finally!

The car- the coug is really pushing her luck lately. Tomorrow she gets new tie rod end links and an alignment. Then maybe wheel bearings and brakes and then hopefully she will be back to normal. She is soooooo getting sold this year though. Might sell it stock (I would have tons of stuff to sell on here for you all) or maybe as a complete work...depends on the $$$ involved. Either way I am beginning my research for my next car - likely a small used car such as a Celica or RSX or something along that line.

The games- OSU and the Browns have basically tried to ruin my weekend. Thanks a lot A-holes. But Michigan...you still suck.

The shirts- has anyone heard anything else about them??? (cougarfest 2003 shirts)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i know how you feel about hard drive problems. the hard drive on my laptop crashed less than a week ago. that means i lost all my cougar pics, i lost all my pics from family vacatoins, parties, pics of friends etc., i lost all my music that i use to DJ, and tons of other stuff (projects, powerpoints, etc.). so i definatly feel you there bro.

as to you selling your coug...im sorry to hear that! your going to stay on the boards though right? you better......
oh, and if you split up the parts, then let me know what you are selling like the FSTB, your sound system, and your rear strut. but that isnt looking like it will be for a while. its sad to see such a sweet coug like yours leave ohio neco! best of luck with that!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
No worries everyone, we all know Slade wont leave us after the sale. Plus who knows when it ll be... I m just glad hes back now, cuz Slade I always miss you:) No vibes or anything, but being at school now we dont get to kick it anymore and that kinda sux. But anyways, glad to see youre still around, hope things are going well.

I m buying one of the new intakes for our cars this week when I go home or maybe tonight, I dunno, I dunno if theres gonna be enough time.

GO BLUE! ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
dude if you sell it stock......I want all the spruce stuff I can get!! I feel your pain about the stuff going bad though......good luck

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Nah he won't leave ya. But he'll be so so lucky to not have to deal with this :bs: anymore. I'm seriously about done myself. She's run problem free for almost 2 months now. This is quite milestone in our relationship. But I thought something - Slade is the cougar going to be gone by CF2K4? Cuz then what are you going to do? You can't roll in with a gay Celica. I think you should consider the RSX first. Dad, Jeff, and me went and test drove one once and Jeff beat the piss out of it on the highway and that thing has some balls behind it. -- if you can't manage an RX-8.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yeah Becky and I are running the same thoughts thru our heads. The sad thing is my Ranger has 134,000 and it seems like the smarter choice between the 2 to keep:confused: Our plan was to replace the Ranger this spring and try and get 100,000-120,000 miles out of the cougar, but the way things are going I don't know if it's possible.
We'll see what happens

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Seems the cougar was the lemon auto of ford. :rolleyes: Trading in the cougar as also crossed my mind. I even when to the dealership a few weeks back and no one wants to toucher or make me an offere because shes got 103k. ::sigh:: So good luck to you all.

peace.

ms. v

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah- I am gonna be taking it hard when I sell or trade it- these cars arent worth squat. I just found out I have a friend who works at a toyota dealership in Akron and my uncle is some sort of manager at a Toyota plant in Kentucky so this holiday season I will pick his brain and see what I can do. I am thinking used anyway. No RX-8, no 350Z...I am still in hella-debt. I just need something that will run forever (pretty much eliminates all domestics). I gotta call and see what I owe...maybe I owe less than I think. Prolly still have to roll a couple grand negative equity though :(

I will always be around to help mod and (more often) repair the cougs. Who knows, maybe I'l still have mine at fest time?? If I go through a dealer who doesnt care bout the kit I should have the following:
Complete Roush body kit, Roush rear sway bar (will need to swap for a stock maybe- dunno if I kept my stock one), reverse indiglo gauges, st200 RSTB, Ford Racing blue plug wires, a hybrid intake tube and filter, Roush team loco 123 wheels w/ roush centercap & Kumho 712s, a front strut tower brace (omp) and maybe some other stuff. Who knows though. might be a month, might be a year.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,730 Posts
I think the only way you could get me in a Toyota would be an IS-300 or an MR2 Spyder. Celicas are ugly and weak.

The reliability thing is subjective. Even a Camry or Accord will break if you beat on them like we do. Reliable cars are only reliable for "normal" drivers :p

What's with all the domestic-hating? If I sold the Cougar today, I would probably get a GTP, or wait till spring for the supercharged Saturn Redline. Definitely something with F/I. I'm still thinking PT Cruiser GT, too, but only as a replacement for my Saturn.

I just don't do imports. It's like Catholic guilt, only involving cars...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Slade, naturally there is room in my and yohas car for anyone who wishes to attend CF. Actually I believe all my friends are driving kinda seperate etc. And it ll be all good:) Moms and pops will still allow you to be family :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You can't roll in with a gay Celica
BWAHAHAHAHAA

Sorry to hear about the problems Slade
If I was you I would get a GT-S Celica
six speed good amount of HP to weight ratio
minor mods 14 second car, and from what I've heard great handling
Still I don't drive most anything besides Ford.
Expect the GEO (chevy) 160,000 miles yeah baby!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
The reliability thing is subjective. Even a Camry or Accord will break if you beat on them like we do. Reliable cars are only reliable for "normal" drivers :p
I gotta say though, my Civic I had ran no matter what. There were times when I went 10,000 miles without any kind of service at all. The only major problem I had in 5 years was the exhaust rusted out. My dad made a quick fix, got rear-ended then got it paid for anyway. It was real slow so no hard beating but still. Any import will be cheaper to mod but you know that ;)

·
5,303 Posts
I will hold my opinion on most of this, 'cause I don't want to piss anybody off, but...

If you must get something else, and you want to mod it, and you want it to be a good car, get a Focus. Seriously.

Consumer Reports *still* has the Focus scored number one, over all the imports (and it's the only domestic car on the top of the score in any category at CR, and they tend to be biased toward imports anyway...), in it's class, in both the 2 door hatch, and 4 door models. And since the recalls are out of the way, the feedback that CR gets in it's surveys has improved the quality to where the Focus is one of their Recommended models.

It is arguably the best handling front wheel drive vehicle built, save maybe the Cougar ;), and it's *definitely* modable.

Now if you want to move to rear wheel drive, in Cleveland, in winter, go for something else...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tommorrow I test drive a Celica GT; they dont have any GT-S ones at the place I am going. Leaning towards used anyway but we shall see. Basically I would HATE to have another ford car but maybe it would be ok to get an SVT Focus (A-plan means very affordable) and make sure to get an extended warranty and try to keep the miles down the the beating of it to a minimum. Anyway, I like how the celicas look personally. RSX is by far the better IMO but way too expensive. Diane ran some prices on a new striped down RX-8...no way. $400 car payment is not what I need right now:( It all depends on selling the coug anyway. Prolly keep it the winter at least unless an irresistable deal pops up. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will get totalled (without injuring me too bad) and I can get out of it clean and clear- then I will just put something down on a new or used (insert some car here). My buddy at TOyota has only been there a couple weeks though so I dunno how much he will be able to help. Prolly go test an SVT Focus soon too...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Maybe I'll get lucky and it will get totalled (without injuring me too bad) and I can get out of it clean and clear-
Then how will I get my spruce stuff :( O man I hope that doesnt happen although I have heard worse ideas. Just curious what are you doing with your "euro" exhaust?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Then how will I get my spruce stuff
LMAO- gee thanks. Well trust me, there'd have to be a huuuuuuge accident to damage the body kit other than just scratching it and having to repaint it. That urethane is damn near indestructable I think. Very flexible and fairly thick.

Just looked at some prices and I dont see anything but a ford in my future unless I keep the coug till it dies and is paid off. Celica prices are kinda steep and if any of you have seen our blue book prices...you know how bad it is! retail $8215 and wholesale (trade in) of only $4555!!! If I could get $8000 plus then I could prolly do it. The SVT focus (2 of them at a dealership out in lorain) was $20,400 and $21,000. A-plan is prolly $18,000 I would guess. (mine was 19,500 sticker and $17,100 A-plan for reference).

Time to find a buyer after winter I think.:confused:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
how about this. i trade you cougars! mine could maybe considered a "collectors car"

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Maybe a used WRX, or RS they are AWD and would be awesome in the winter. Just a thought. Used GSX eclipse's are all over priced cause of stupid FF movies and hype.

SVT Focus does sound coolz to me.

Maybe even a ranger or something?

I didnt read all the posts so I dont know id this your everyday car or a winter ride.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Although I'm not sure on how well they hold up, I have always loved Eagle Talons. I was poking around on ebay the other day and the AWD Talon are sweet and go for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I got a '91 Talon in my garage. New engine rebuild, turbo, blah blah blah. It's been a Georgia car it's whole life. I'm not sure, but I think it's going to end up with a House of Kolor paint job. You can mod them out pretty well. It be a great car......if I could drive stick.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts