New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I asked in the Chapter Info board some times ago and got no answer

The point is, is there a chapter in France, and/or in Europe. If not, may I become a member of a chapter in US, even if I'm staying in France ?

Thx for the answers

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Kuchulainn.. greetings from germany...
I am a NECO Member since 4/99 but unfortunately not vey much Cougars are around here. I got in contact with some people in germany that have a Cougar. But no one is that deep into NECO or building a club.
Don't know, perhaps we can make a two owner Europewide NECO Chapter :)
Greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Marc,

Would be a nice idea
. I think there's at least huggyd who'd like to start a european chapter (I think he's based in UK, according to his post on the Chapter forum). That makes us 3, we still miss 2 to start something valuable. But we will have most difficulties to meet on basic requirement that is setting up meetings.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Yes there are a few requirements to make a chapter in NECO, being you must meet 4 times a year in minimum and each member should attend at least one meet per year.... this just dosen't seem feasible in Europe... is there a specific reason why you want a Europe NECO chapter, if it's just to leave messages back and forth to other european members then maybe we can work something out

·
Registered
365 Posts
I say make a renegade NECO chapter. Don't abide by the rules that are menat to keep us down. Form a chapter and if you can't get a NECO chapter, then call it Renegade Europe NECO. Don't let "The Man" hold you down brethren, fight back. Renegade NECO in USA is for those of us that are not close enough to a chapter to join, but we want to feel like we are part of an inner group inside of NECO that is benefiting from and giving back to NECO as a whole. Now Renegade USA is 5 members strong and growing, we are by far the most committed and eccentric NECO members, not afraid to voice our opinions or tell it like it is. SO I will tell it like it is, Renegade NECO rules, hands down. Long live the Renegades, Lonf live NECO!!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I think 3 europeans is enough for an EU chapter. A lot of time, the chapter will grow after it is setup. I'm sure people will join you when they find out there is a chapter over there. If you build it, they wil come...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Would be great if we can get something started like a Euro-Chapter. Perhaps we can use that as a single point of contact if someone from the US wants to know something about a european tuning company or whatever. Or like I did already for Rob (Bobnoxious) taht if someone froom the US wnats to visit Europe, germany in that case, that we help them finding good places to go to or even meet them.
Also for european members it would be great to get easier contacts for parts in the US.
I am pretty often in the US. So perhaps we can arrange something. And France, UK and Germany are not too big, so perhaps one day we can arrange a mini meet in the middle of somewhere.
Anyway...NECO is a very good community and since I joined it in April 1999 I got a lot of help from US/Canada members.
Have a nice weekend
Marc

Je parle aussi un petit peut francais (oh god it's more than 10 years ago that I learned french at school)...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems like something is growing

Marc, we should speak together to setup EURO-NECO I think, can be something very interresting !

Yes, I am proud to be a member of this community !

PS: Du sprichts sehr gut franzosich, ich freue mich um was mit dir anzufangen

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Kuchulainn... we have a seconf french member now... frederic
Perhaps you can contact him in french...
Greetings from germany
Marc

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Contact JetSilver, as well. He's in Scotland, and I'd bet he'd be interested in supporting a Euro NECO chapter. There's also the guy in the UK somewhere who had the NECO member of the month award last month (with the Visteon kit in blue).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi All!
I was requiring about starting an European chaptor. Im soo happy 2 c that Im not alone. I c cougar drivers all the time in the Uk but its a bit hard 2 approch them regarding starting a chaptor but it would be so cool 2 say would u like 2 join a Europe chaptor and hand them some info (flyers, badge, stickers, website addy.) Maybe Makahle could design something 4 us. All we need is heads from each country 2 help out wit the finance, it souldnt b much. We could meet in the middle of europe somewhere, it would b like a mini holiday. And plus we could help eachother wit the language problem, from makers ie im still havin a problem wit dealin wit NO LIMIT tuning GMBH (I love their bodykit but i cant communicate!!) :flushed:
Im sure if we build it they will come.
P.s WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT MY COUGAR I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY 1 ON THE ROAD WIT IT, THEN I FOUND NECO and saw the love and passion for this car. You are not alone my American cousins!!!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey... looks like we are getting something together. EURO - NECO is very close...
rainy greetings from germany
Marc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.