New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Bazooka Tubed Subwoofers? I might put one in my cougar if I get some good feedback

·
Registered
500 Posts
u can get kicker comp 12's (there base subwoofers) for like 50$ a piece online. and i can vouch (i have them in my car) that the sound quality and deep bass is amazing on them.

·
So its begun.....
16,836 Posts
i'd rather use the money and watch a midget stripper.
Only in Texas...

And possibly Florida..:shrug:

:rofl:

Back on topic:

Why bazooka? Are you looking for something all in one? Are you looking just to save space?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only in Texas...

And possibly Florida..:shrug:

:rofl:

Back on topic:

Why bazooka? Are you looking for something all in one? Are you looking just to save space?

Saw a deal on a website
Their different/unique.
Wouldn't mind saving the space or the all in one part either.

It's just an idea, not sure if i'll follow though with it. Haven't heard anything good about them yet from here at least hahaa

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
they really aren't bad for the price.
my dads old truck had one stashed under the rear bench seat. added a nice bit of low end to the music....but maxed out very quickly.

you could get a set of components and be better off.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had one,got it for free, in my old car. They are good for what you pay for and the space/complexity. I had it in a old lincoln with a massive trunk, i feed the sub more power from the deck and it could rumble the back seats pretty well.

But if your gonna do a stereo, better off normal sub/ amp.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Older thread I know, but gonna put my $0.02 in. Bazooka bass tubes aren't bad for the buck, but they aren't super amazing either.

As a partial joke a friend of mine and myself got another friend a Bazooka NOS for his Corolla for Christmas. I want to say it was an 8in/200w or so for about $150.. They do rumble the rear end a bit but they are not super powerful. I assume their more powerful "non ricer" stuff is pretty good.

Oh and so you all can laugh... here it is:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Older thread I know, but gonna put my $0.02 in. Bazooka bass tubes aren't bad for the buck, but they aren't super amazing either.

As a partial joke a friend of mine and myself got another friend a Bazooka NOS for his Corolla for Christmas. I want to say it was an 8in/200w or so for about $150.. They do rumble the rear end a bit but they are not super powerful. I assume their more powerful "non ricer" stuff is pretty good.

Oh and so you all can laugh... here it is:

i think they look pretty cool. little ricey but ehh cool concept, i think pep boys used to sell them a few years back, or something like that

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I used to want on of these just for a little thump in the trunk. Then I listed to these guys and got myself a real stereo. I went from one 12" MTX to 2 12" Polk audio that pound!

You will want to upgrade with that bazooka tube.

Unless you mean this kind of bazooka??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts