New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car back from the body shop. The front went on with no problem, but the rear wouldn't go on. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
man... i have always wanted this front but i just don't... the silver mesh stands out a little much for my taste..

I think i would like it if I could find some material similiar to the 01/02 grill...

thanks for posting pics... and why wouldn't the rear go on??

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know the exact reason... something about it being 6 inches to wide, and not lining up correctly etc etc etc just problems in general.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Glad to see you got the bumper installed... I would have to see pics of the battle rear to believe it don't fit... That bumper was tooled by Aerogear directly, not another shop.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Damn Rick! actually that bumper looks pretty good!! :thumbsup:

i woulda gone with a mesh with a bit bigger holes, but i'm sure in person it looks just fine :) ... i thought what you had on there now was just one solid sheet of material. heeh.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: ProjectCougar
Glad to see you got the bumper installed... I would have to see pics of the battle rear to believe it don't fit... That bumper was tooled by Aerogear directly, not another shop.
aerogear is going to be getting the pics taken by the body shop proving that the bumper didn't fit. I have personally been on the phone with Patrick from Wayson and talked to him about the situation. I have to file a warranty claim, in order to get my money back

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
i thought what you had on there now was just one solid sheet of material. heeh.
i thought the same thing, and still kinda think that lol. but i like the angles and all of the bumper! looks good!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
that looks pretty good actually. much better than the gelcoated pictures we've all seen before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI the mesh that is there is from aerogear. That is the mesh that came with the kit.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
secksi! actually wheres the rest of the pics? like from the side, rear etc. come on! no teasing around here!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Originally posted by: Keliente
:ugh:
ditto...

I wanted this kit so bad until I saw those pics, not I'm not so sure

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Originally posted by: 35thANVownr
I finally got my car back from the body shop. The front went on with no problem, but the rear wouldn't go on. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.
bumper looks great.... except for that mesh.... that looks pretty bad :-\

whats goin on with that mesh? looks like cardboard or something..

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey 35th what year is your cougar plz dont say a 2000 cuz i just orderd that kit and now u have ruin'd my day saying that the rear didnt match up :(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i love the bumper, nice to see it actually painted. im sure a lot of people just dont like all that mesh, me for one. but his to his own. all i know is that im still getting this kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts