New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was painting my engine cover and the top of the fuse box this weekend. I was looking for something else to paint. I noticed the metal bar that holds the battery in place and started to unscrew one side. That was easy enough. But trying to get the screw off of the backside was a different story. It has some kinda cap w/ a wire going through it. How do i get it off? I was afraid to force it and didn't want to break it. Any help would be great. Later guys!

G

·
I had that problem when I upgraded my battery.. that cap just pulls off, you may have to use force, but it'll come off and go back on when your finished. I removed the stock airbox to replace my batt. but I don't think you need to. just pull on the cap. The wire thing should be a run off hose.

Hope this helps... you maybe able to see photos of mine on my website below, I'm not sure....

Shon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I'll try that. I saw your pics of the engine bay. Very nice. Very yellow! And when you get the OMP strut bars, it'll be even more yellow. Way to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.