New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going to the track Friday night, but I just remembered that I don't have a battery cutoff for my battery yet. I know what I need to get, I'm just not really sure on exactly how to mount it and hook it up. Here's how my battery setup is right now. I want to run it out the taillight so I only use it at the track, what have you guys who drag race done to make the tech guys happy?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
and you need this for a non modified class?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: PRICELESS!!!

but seriously, if you're going to be "racing" (I use this term loosely lol) in a class that requires a kill switch, they might also have a requirement as to the mounting position/ switch type... most common I've seen is down near the bottom of the bumper...

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Josh "mcon99' Had a battery cut off switch that he used at the track. He had it running out the tail light. He removed the tail light and put the switch on when he got to the track. Pretty neat idea.

He's not around the board much and I can't find any pictures of it. I think there is a picture of him at the track at CF2K5 running one tail light.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
and you need this for a non modified class?
The rules here in st.louis are if the battery is in the trunk or anywhere other then factory location (BMW,VOLVO, RSX) then there has to be a cut off.

Rules for the switch are if its a push switch then when you push the swith in the has to shut off the car. when you pull it out is can restart.

if its a switch that you turn then to the right is on to the left is off and must be clearly marked

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
You can't just splice it into the line going from the battery to the front of the car fyi. You need to separate the line that comes off of the alternator to effectively shut the car down when using the cutoff switch.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
You can't just splice it into the line going from the battery to the front of the car fyi. You need to separate the line that comes off of the alternator to effectively shut the car down when using the cutoff switch.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I was hoping someone would leave that out, I wanted to hear the question later; "ok I installed it, but it doesn't kill the car, help!" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

is that cruel?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.