New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything about this kit or know anyone using it? I am interested in the 300mm rotor and 4 piston caliper kit for 695. It seems like I remember someone saying something about wilwood calipers sticking or something?? But statistically these should stop a lot better than stock and look nice on top of that. Just looking for some feedback.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump...anyone have this?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am not going to be a huge help here, but I remember reading a discussion about this a while ago. If my memory serves me right, the calipers are not sealed or something like that - which causes dirt and brake dust to get inside and you have to manually clean them every so often. It may not even be the kit you are talking about, but check it out before you buy one just to make sure. Also, the cougar comes stock with an exceptional brake system... So if you are looking for extra performance I don't know how much you would actually get. I am sure they would be a little better, but is it worth the $650? I put cross-drilled and slotted rotors on my car with expensive pads, and I actually think that the stock brakes were better! I still keep them for the looks though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts