New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to all the drama on the message board, new rules will be in place to curb these STUPID activities. In baseball you get three strikes and you're out. Same thing will apply here. You will be warned up to three times and after that it's off to the showers for you. Trevor, Spencer and myself are too busy for some of the BS taking place. So if you want to be like Strawberry and get ban...

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
"You will be warned up to three times and after that it's off to the showers for you"

Actually Mortis, you only get two warnings. It will work like this:

In the coming week, I will be working up a "Code of Conduct" for the boards. If this code is broken, you have have broken the code once, thus you get your first warning (steeeeeeriiiike 1.) If you break the code a second time, you get your second and final warning (steeeeeeriiiike 2.) Now, if you break the code one last time, you guessed it ... steeeeeeriiiike 3 ... your out!

Like it or not, this is a club and to be a member, you must follow rules. If you can't, you are no longer wanted as a member. This seem too harsh, but rules are rules and there to protect everyone. By everyone, I mean ANYONE who has a web browser and can get to this board. Childish and Stupid behaviour on this board is not only a reflection of the poster, but the board members as well if they allow it to continue. By standing up and setting forth these rules and enforcing them, we show EVERYONE that we are a well organized, well mannered group of enthusiast. If that is something that you don't wish to be, leave now.

G

·
rule #2, learn every rule and law of the Cougar Club Handbook, you must never loose this book, or it will mean your termination from the Cougar Club

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
'bout time you admins lay down the law, democracy is overrated, time for despotism. I

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So when someone is banned are they banned from just posting or viewing the board period. I think that if someone is banned they should have the privilage to even view the site revoked. I don't know if it is possible, but that would be more of a punishment.

Andy

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
No! We want them to be able to read the post, but not be able to reply or post. This way, it is like torture
Without fail, someone will post a message that the banned person is just dieing to respond to but cant

·
Registered
188 Posts
very true.. what stops someone that gets banned, from re-registering under a fake identification and using a new username? it seems almost impossible to stop that from happening... but then again if they were stupid enough to get banned the first time, it prolly woulndt be too long before they got banned again... or before they tell someone and word gets out or something... i dunnooooo

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
when you ban someone by IP unless they are on a dial-up connection they won't be able to return

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
When you register for this board, a password is automatically generated and emailed to the person's email address provided during signup. If they don't provide a valid email address, they never recieve a password and thus can not login. This is done to prevent invalid email addresses. The flip side of this coin is that we can ban email addresses as well. If they attempt to sign up using the same email address, they will get an error that they are banned and not welcome. Of coarse, they can always keep getting hotmail accounts and keep coming back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.