New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
hey...whatever works.
624 Posts
This is real footage of my 900 sq ft detatched garage burning to the ground with my beloved 300ZX Twin Turbo along with my father's Lamborghini and Lotus trapped inside. I also lost my R6 and Ri along with my father's restored '46 HD Knucklehead. Thousands of dollars in tools and tens-of thousands in equipment (mill, lathe, bandsaw, tubing bender...) all destroyed.

thats rough

·
Registered
746 Posts
Seriously I read all the posts on the other website, and I understand being upset about losing a car that you put so much time and effort into. I would be torn up more so over the 46 knucklehead, the lotus and the lambo then my 300zx. The guy needs to man up some the 300 can be replaced good luck replacing the lambo, lotus or harley. In one of his posts he was *****ing because the insurance company would cover the full cost of his viper if it burned up but they aren't going to cover the full cost of his 300 when he adds in mods. I feel his pain about losing a car that so much time and effort was put into but at least nobody died.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I still don't feel that sorry for him he has a viper garaged at the storage facility where he usually keeps his 300.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
That is ****ty. I don't even have those kind of cars in my garage and I would be heart broken to loose my tools and such. The complaint about them not covering the mods is in a way his own fault, if you have extensive mods you can't just have regular insurance you need to get some sort of agreed value or soemthing. Sucks in the end either way.

Just something I was thinking of reading this. If you have a garage fire and say have a full 50 gal air compressor and say a oxy torch set you could have some nasty explosions.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Not really I mean I'm looking at it from a realist stand point. Nobody died and the car can be replaced. I would be more upset about the lambo, lotus and harley. Yeah they were his fathers I'm sure that he drove them and that he knew that one day they would be his.

I know that if my bike and truck burnt up I'd be upset but not to the point that he is and I have put a lot of time and money into the truck. Vehicles aren't so important that they are meant to become the only thing you care about in the world. This guy seems like he had his priorities in the wrong place.

His father and him had a lot of nice things in that garage and its sad to see some rare items destroyed, but like I said before nobody died and it really seems that he has the money to offset what ever the insurance wont cover.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Its a shame hes alive
corrected :cover:

Sorry, I just had to.

But on a serious note, he's lucky to be alive to tell the story.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
tears ......thats sad

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
So that's why my Dad is paranoid about welding in the garage. :tongue:

Yeah with so many expensive cars, a Sprinkler system would have been a smart idea. But hey just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains. :shrug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts