New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a lot of leg room in the front. The front seat (passenger mostly) can be moved forward enough without cramping the passenger's legs... but does it make decent room for the back seat directly behind the moved up seat?
Whats your opinions on the leg space back there?

edit: most 2 door cars dont have bucket seats in the back, since they're bucket, dont you think there is alright leg room back there? (compared to most 2 doors, since the bucket seats kind of puts you farther back in a way)

·
Registered
538 Posts
amazing.... comparing to what u get in most of the cars like this...

my buddy with heig 6'3 fits in the back... he has to sit with his head hidden somewhere because of the headroom... but almost no problem with leg room...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I usally fold down the seats and fold the other two up to make room ;)

Oh um leg room right! I find if you move up the seats people have lots of leg room I think.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well, I'm 6' 1", and I really hate it back there unless the seat is folded all the way forward... My head hits the hatch, and the seat has to be way far up unless your are like 5' 4". I've had passengers shorter than that, and they think the back seat is pretty cool, but anyone bigger really doesn't like it. Why don't you go test it out?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
yeah shorter people love the back seat, some girls (who are friends) love how you just stick back there and dont move around at all..

EDIT: the girlfriend always sits up front..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm 6' 1", and I really hate it back there unless the seat is folded all the way forward... My head hits the hatch, and the seat has to be way far up unless your are like 5' 4". I've had passengers shorter than that, and they think the back seat is pretty cool, but anyone bigger really doesn't like it. Why don't you go test it out?
theres lot of mixed opinions about sitting in my back seat, I want to see what opinions you all get.

I see a couple people saying to fold down some seats or something... what do you mean by that? I was assuming to slide the front seats forward since there is plenty of room there (was alright only), but are you guys not sliding it to make more room?

Its weird how the Cougar has only 2 back seats huh? So You are limited to only 4 people in the car at a max... but I guess the payoff is that the back seats are more comfortable in general than most 2-door cars' back seats, but they get to have that third person back there too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I see a couple people saying to fold down some seats or something... what do you mean by that? I was assuming to slide the front seats forward since there is plenty of room there (was alright only), but are you guys not sliding it to make more room?
Folding back front seats, and folding down back seats= bed :)

·
8,582 Posts
The cougar has back seats?
That was pretty much my reaction, too. :)

I think it's okay for shorter people, maybe 5'6" and under? (I'm guessing.) I know I can't stand to be back there for more than a few minutes.

·
5,318 Posts
Once seated, the back seats are quite comfy for someone, oh, 5'7" or less, maybe 5'8", due to the hatch, but they're a PITA to get in and out of for anyone over 5'0"

Leg room not bad, but not as good as say the Contour after Ford "scooped" the front seat backs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hahah yea defintly only the height issue to deal with. lol a while ago my 6'1'' roomate was in the back and i closed the truck and i geuss he was leaning his head back or sumthing and i pretty much closed it on his head. he was not impressed

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
I love the seats themselves, really comfy, but the head room sucks. Legroom wan't much of an issue for me if the front seat is slid up a little, but my neck gets mad at me if I'm back there for more than a few minutes (I'm 6'3").

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright, just tested out my backseat again.. its actually pretty comfortable. And alright legroom too. It'd weird that the one part of the roof comes down so low compared to the rest of the roof though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts