New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my windows tinted today (5%) and the guy said he couldnt go all the way up the rear cause of the black stripes, so i have extremely dark tin on my car cept for the stripe along the back....what should u put there to cover it up?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
damn..u got ripped...my rear window is done all the way down...one piece...sounds to me like they didnt know what they were doing

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Yeah definately. The rear on a cougar is easy to do in one piece. I've tinted at least a dozen cougars. Sounds like they did not have 40" tint and just had 20" rolls but no idea why they did not atleast splie two pieces at a defroster line. I do all the cougars in one piece heat formed from a 40" roll

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
yeah dude u got ripped.... everyone that has tint on the cougs have them all the way,, alot of cars have the same stuff like our cars, stangs etc

·
Registered
298 Posts
something u can do is put a vinyl glare strip on the top and bottom or just the top, although mine is tinited fully i jsut liked the look of it but it is always a option hope it helps -Justin-

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Craig, what do you do about the diamonds on the back side windows?? Is there a way to remove them and tint to the line or do you either tint over them or to them?? I hope that makes sense

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The place i got my tint done at wouldnt run 1 piece over the whole window either. The reason is because it could peel very easily with the humidity and heat in my area. They used a black vynil strip applied on the inside of the hatch window. I actually think it is better than tint, because you wont get lines on the back of your head in the back seat.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I tint over the lines and have not had a problem with any of them peeling. As long asthe tint is looked after closely for the first 48 hrs it should be fine. We use Johnson Window Films and offer lifetime warranty. Some cars have to have the dot matrix cut out at the top like cavaliers and mustangs b/c they tend to peel. You can wetsand the dot matrix and the tint will stock to it but the liability is more than I'd want on something like that.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
no you can't. The dot matrix is a raised surface that is fused to the glass. Once it is sanded down slightly the tint will adhere to it b/c it is no longer a smooth surface and it's not as raised off the glass. I've never done this but saw it in one of the Johnson training videos. I did tint professionally as my main specialty from 97-00 while I was in school. I've tinted at least 500 cars if not more.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess im going to have to get a black vinyl strip for the top, but where can i get one of these. amd should it go inside or out?

·
Registered
298 Posts
any place that does graphics mine were on the outside of the window they arnt on anymore but as soon as i finish my custom work and get it painted ill be sure to put some new ones on to match my new color,it is only 25-30 installed for me in marquette,mi but i have heard of them costing anywhere from 70-100 installed at a place from appleton,wi which was jsut rediculous i thought and it is pretty easy to install yourself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts