New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we all made it back in one peice I think (assuming Andy & wife made it).

The weekend (for me) started out horribly; a little over 3 hours sleep was all I had friday night, then it snowed and roads sucked pretty much all the way there, I hadnt eaten, traffic was insane, and there were probably a billion people at the show. Oh, and I got about 3 minutes of video before the batteries were dead in the camera cuz I never thought to check them ahead of time.

On to the show; Well, I can say Ive been there and honestly it was pretty spectacular but I dont think I'll be dealing with the traffic and people and OMG- the HORRIBLE roads just to see some cars that I can read about online or in one of the 8000 magazines I get monthly. Some really cool concepts though.

By the end of the weekend it was fun. Thanks Mark for the company/ room split, and good to see you too Andy. Sorry I was kinda a dick- no sleep and no food....these saturday meets gotta go. Either that or I need to call off on fridays before we do stuff.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You make it sound so awful. I love going to that car show. I still hate Detroit no matter how many times I go there. I don't know if the traffic and parking so far away is worth it. I guess you walk the same amount of distance as if you went to the I-X Center. We left around 5:30pm/6:00pm-ish and I was just informed today that someone was getting shot somewhere in that time frame. But thanks Mark for the company and the room share. And nice to see you Andy. We were pretty grumpy due to the ride up. Lots of snow and me with an extremely small bladder :tongue: Will post some pics as soon as they are developed.

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
Hey, yeah, good to see everybody. I NEVER expected to see anyone I knew, due to the fact that you couldn't even WALK through the joint. Some coincidence!

Yeah, I think the GTO and the Ford GT were pretty much worth the price of admission.

And I think the car I will trade in the Cougar on, if not a Saturn ION Red Line, will be a Mini Cooper S. MMMMMmmmmmm...superchargers....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Just saw a show on the NY AutoShow and they talked about the CooperS's ....(First Name)... Cooper Package that upgrades to more power, 200 hp for 4500 plus install.

I love those cars, but I see us getting either the SRT-4 or new Mustang in 04 when it comes out as an 05. Dads a mustang man, or atleast was until he had me lol, and I think hes pretty stoked about the new ones coming out. Not to mention family working for Ford/Mercury helps me get some killa discounts. Plus Ill be graduating school close to then so I get a new car with my leftover scholarship money! YAY, now just need to keep my scholarship!

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
That's the WORKS package. Upgraded exhaust, ported head, modified supercharger. SO awesome.

·
5,273 Posts
It wasn't as bad as Slade makes it out to be ;) except for the lousy lousy roads :( I'd definitely go again, just maybe not on a Saturday again!

Anyway, I was going to post some thoughts and pics, but got sidetracked last night with some bad news from a friend, I'll try to do it tonight. The sound of a woman crying on the phone is one of the worst sounds. :( So I'll try to post something tonight.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, like I said, I was very tired, hungry, grumpy, and didnt think it was worth it. The cars were cool, but Detroit sucks badly. The second half the trip was cool; it was just the trip up there that sucked for me. Still glad I went cuz I always wanted to but now that Ive been there I am satisfied and can stick to the cleveland show if I really need to.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well I finally got some pics developed and re-sized to share. I hope this doesn't slow everyone down but if it does, let me know and I'll get rid of these. Enjoy...

New Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Lamborghini

Acura's

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You can't really tell, but the whole engine bay and everything was carbon fiber.

These pics do not do this paint color justice.

Ford's

Subaru's

Some Tiburon's

Saleen has a Focus

Dub Magazine had their rides there. Note the Hummer has 28" wheels.

You can't tell here, but Mark's car was so dirty. You'd have to believe it to see it.

This guy made us laugh pretty hard.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Sweeeeeet! I think the new mustangs are gonna be a buyer. Dads a tang man so just gotta convince him they are sweet. The new eclipse concept is BADASS!

·
5,273 Posts
Ok, now I feel really lazy that Diane has developed film, and resized, and uploaded, while I've got digital pics and STILL haven't resized or uploaded. Anyway...

-- The Mustang absolutely Rawks! as the kids say these days (or was that yesterday?). Retro works when it looks this good.
-- The GT-40 is off the charts, it is gorgeous. And amazing.
-- The Shelby Cobra makes me drool... even though certain members of our group didn't like it as much as the Series 1. At least this one doesn't have an Olds engine in it! Definitely an updated take on the 427.

I could have stood there for another hour just watching the marketing video of the Mustang/Cobra/GT-40 racing around the city streets... too bad I never saw that in the theatre adverts, on a big screen in surround sound.

The paint on the Eclipse concept was frickin' Schweeet!

Mercury's display had to be the most boring manufacturer display there. ::sigh::

The Ford Freestyle is cool, even if it is "just a minivan". I'm *really* disappointed I missed the Freestyle FX crossover concept, if it was even there (sooooo crowded, I just forgot :( ) The FX looks cool, and has "moddable" written all over it, at least the pics I've seen so far.

I'll try to get some pics up tonight... maybe even one of Laser Red that PROVES she's no [email protected] garage queen... she gets driven!

Oh well, back to snack crackers for lunch again, and baby-sitting yet another custom batch job...

·
5,273 Posts
Finally, some pics...

Just click the links, 'cause I don't want to overwhelm you with in-line images...

SilverKat's got a better variety in her post anyway, so I just picked my highlights.
Yea, I'm a Ford guy :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

She looks pretty clean to me.

·
5,273 Posts
You flatter her, thank you. :)
Must not be a clear enough pic then... I've got a couple more at home, I might post a close up...

It was worse in the parking lot of the hotel, before I kicked the 1+ inches of ice off her bumper and scraped the 0.5 inch of frozen slush off the headlights (I thought it looked dark out there ;) ). You couldn't read the front license plate at all.

(Oddly, the foglights didn't get covered in slush ?? Must be better air flow over them. It did build up in the outer corner of the opening in the bumper, but the lenses were still clear. Weird.)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Trust me that car was <u>DIRTY</u>. I told Mark I was going to take a pic of her and he said to me in kind of a don't even think about it tone "How would you feel if I took a picture of you when you just woke up? Yeah well that's how she feels". So I felt bad and didn't take a pic.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'd say this is dirty.. you should see Dk this morning..

Granted this is only after driving from akron to clinton.

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
I've got you all beat. I just have to take a picture.

Just you wait...

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Ha! You should of seen my car after coming back from meeting tony (osustallion) in mansfield...Since my mudflaps are currently removed ALL that **** gets slung up on my door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts