New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Jag X-type has the following four engines derived from Ford Duratec DOHC 24-value unit: 2.5, 2.5 Sport, 3.0, 3.0 Sport

The 3.0 liter engine makes 231 hp and 209 lbs torque. The 2.5 produces 194
hp and 180 lbs of torque. The new Jags are all-wheel drive too.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Ugh, imagine if we had a nice AWD Cougar with 194 hp stock. Just think about how much better they'd be with mods.

Any idea on how much the X-type weighs??

·
Registered
897 Posts
i wonder how much of that drive train will fit the coug... i could see an AWD conversion in my future if it fit... mmmmmmm....

uRiDiAN

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It's too bad the Jag is so 'limited-production', otherwise we might see more of that engine available.

I would REALLY like to see what unfolds in the next few years. Motorweek, or one of those shows, says it is official that the new F-Type IS going to happen, in 2004. It will be V6 powered (Duratec origin?), and by the looks of the concept, will either be built on the Focus chassis, or a brand new one of similar size. It would be stupid for Ford not to build its own equivalent, as a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury product. Maybe a new Probe, or a resurrected (again) Cougar, and it WON'T be front-wheel drive.

Ford, are you reading this!!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
F Type is not going to be on the Focus platform. It is on a dedicated RWD platform with rear mounted ZF 6 speed gear box and 6 cyclinder front mounted engine. As to using Duratec in the F Type, I hope not. Jaguar sports car (especially the famous ones: D Type, E Type) have always been powered by straight 6. I would be really surprised if it didn't have RWD and inline 6. 4WD and V6 would make it seem ordinary.

G

·
If they R version is available, let me know, i will put immediately $5K down for that car.....

Else, i just wait for the 1st year production of the X-type, hear all people ***** about their -minor- errors and buy a completely, well produced car (like we did with our Cougar, we have the great cupholders
, minor recalls and it handles great....)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Numbers from Automobile magazine:
Base price for the 2.5 Sport $34,450, 3.0 Sport $40,450
194 hp @ 6800
180 lb ft torque @ 3000
Curb weight 3428 lbs (FAT)
0-60 7.9 sec (Cougar speed)
Top speed 140 mph

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I first saw the pics of the X-Type and saw the technical data I thought well, this must be our wanted Cougar transformed into a Jaguar. And according to the mags I read here in germany it is like that. The prototype Cougars we saw in the past as a AWD Cougar are now the Jaguar X-Type. Based on the Mondeo platform. I will visit my dealer soon, the Jaguar will come to his showroom may, 31st. Our Ford dealer is also a Jaguar dealer. I will try to make a testdrive... C U
greetings from germany
Marc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.