New Cougar Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
15,530 Posts
I'm also wondering if I could move that setup over to my SVT. The trunk cylinder wouldn't be the same but the doors and ignition might.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Is there a spot inside the remote for the PATS chip? I haven’t cracked it open yet.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
SATURDAY UPDATE -

Big brakes and Goodridge lines are installed on the front. Still waiting for the wheel spacers to arrive, so nothing on that front yet.

Did not install rear brake lines, as this car has the proportioning valve or whatever, and that makes it a female-to-female connection, so I need to come up with some kind of adapter. I made a little short section of brake line for the Roush, but I want something a little more elegant here, so they can wait.

Installed the door wiring harnesses and door panels, so the cabin is nearly complete; still need the overhead light console and sun visors, but those are buried in a pile of parts somewhere, so it's gonna take a little looking.

Swapped over the Jaguar ignition tumbler, but wasn't able to get the remote to sync up; maybe I just need to read up on how that's done. But at least I do have power locks and windows all around now. Took a while, because for some reason I had not plugged in the PATS light on the dashboard; no idea what I was thinking when I put that panel on, but everything was screwed up in there, so I had to pull that panel and get the wiring routed correctly.

Modified the front trans mount and bolted it up. Not difficult, thankfully. Installed the little bumper support brackets and the radiator splash shield.

Messed with the exhaust a little, and got some progress on it, but the hanger at the back of the drivers door cannot be used, since it's obscured by the subframe connector on that side, so I'll have to have some work done on it to get things pointed the right direction. The exhaust system ends right there in front of the back wheel, but I think I can make it work to have the entire tail pipe.

Took it for a bit of a longer drive tonight, and it really rips. Brakes are terrific, and the noise isn't as bad now with the little extra exhaust pipe in there. Really punishing ride, so it's a good thing this is a 90% track-only build. I couldn't take this in a daily driver.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts