New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&M Shifter HOW DO I INSTALL??? ASAP

How do install the B&M shifter, I can't find out how to take out the stock one... the links are dead on the old How to. please help... Thank You

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind got it.... It's not B&M either... teheheh, its the OBX shifter.. went in, no problem, works great, feels excellent....

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I got the OBX too.. Bought it off of EBAY for $60, which I think is much better than $150 B&M. It was advertised for a Ford Focus, but people here said it would fit ours too, and it did. Still gotta figure out how to get the centering spring to work right. Pushing left is too stiff for me.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude, the shifter was 60, 10 shipping... it is freaking awesome.... the centering spring, i saw that... what i did was just bent the bracket where it connects to the shifter, dropped in the new one, and bent it back... worked fine, didnt have to replace anything!!! didnt break anything either.... I love the way it feels now, same things as B&M, although less than half the price off eBay... search OBX Focus on ebay.... Install took about 30mins

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wait, this thing is $70 shipped and is just a good, well made as the B&M shifter?
Is it much shorter?
Did you cut the shaft also?
Is it strong or does it flex in you hand?
Most importantly, is it nice looking or can the nob be replaced?

Let me know

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yah! They're great! No flex at all, knob can be replaced, and it's cheap! The material is the same stainless steel material as the Borla Exhausts (I think..) Good stuff..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here There is a recent auction for the shifter. It fit right into my 00 Cougar.. works with the stock shift knob and everything... If you have any more ?'s reply...

Shifter Details:
(1 MILLION MILE WARRANTY)
OBX HIGH PERFORMANCE ADVANCED SHORT THROW
SHIFTERS ARE MADE OUT OF 303 STAINLESS STEEL.
-REDUCE THROW BY 25-45%.
-PROVIDES MORE QUICKER RESPONCE
AND PRECISE SHIFTING FROM THE TRANSMISSION

The B&M is a billet alloy steel...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts